Dirt on the sensors causing weirdness?

• @germx There are four modes? How are they numbered?

• @thegreck I I remember the official answer correctly:

1. Classic
    2. Extreme
    3. Elevated
      1 . Experimental, do not use.

"We strongly advise against using this to select your riding modes. First, the 1 blink is a learning mode that is not ready to be used. It has not been refined or tested enough for it to be in public use so please, do not use it. Secondly, when we introduce new modes down the line the manual system will become outdated and correspond to the wrong settings which can also be really dangerous. Again, we strongly advise against using this system." -FM

" Boogieman 9 months ago
    From what I've observed post App update,
    1 flash: Not specified yet by FM
    2 flashes: Classic Mode
    3 flashes: Extreme Mode
    4 flashes: Elevated Mode
    I switch manually all the time when I'm letting people try out the board.
    I'm an Android phone user that uses an Ipad to change via the app, obviously not practical for riding about.
    Where's the Android App FM ;>) ?"

edit- weird stuff

• @TonyGDTLA - full disclosure - I actually started doing it that way because it shocked the sh!t out of me when I was unplugging the charger from the board once after charging (not a fan of the jolt!) ...just a coincidence that it also solved 'hit the power button to get it charging' issue...

• @D-Wave Yeah, mine always sparked when I plugged the cord into the board after plugging it into the wall socket. Then I saw a post by @njcustom that the easy way to stop it from happening was to do it in the reverse order, and I've been doing it that way ever since.

Not sure why I hadn't thought of it myself. I guess I was just following the instructions, thinking FM must've had a reason for telling us to do it that way.

• @thegreck - I wish I had seen the post from @njcustom!! Could have saved myself some pain!!!

• @D-Wave Last night I tried plugging the charger into the wall after connecting it to the OW and still had to hit the power button to start charging.

• @D-Wave dang man. Ouch.

• @bmtka - bummer man...I guess if it becomes an issue you can always send it in...we know the FM folks will make it right!

• I'm having a similar charging issue with mine. It keeps dying between 75-80% battery life when riding it and when I go to charge it, the charger light goes green just after a few minutes like it's done. It seems like the battery will only last for about 20% hence the quick charge, maybe? I have tried hitting the power button during a charge, but nothing happens. I might try the reverse plug in method before sending it back for repairs today.

• @jefflynn This issue has come up many times on this forum, and it just sounds like you need to balance the cells in the battery. Leave it charging overnight and see if that fixes it.