Commuting on the Onewheel?

• Hi guys,
    as some of you may know I am thinking about getting a Onewheel. All the videos I have seen yet are with people riding their Onewheel without any backpacks or "messenger bags".

I was able to test the Onewheel once, but I haven't tried it with my messenger bag on. As I would use it for commuting to work, I would carry my messenger bag with my macbook in it. Do you guys think the Onewheel is still rideable, even with a backpack/messenger bag?

Thanks!

• As long it is snug to your center I have found it be fine.

• As mentioned in another thread, I do most all our grocery shopping on it. FULL huge backpack (Tumi Lejeune) and bags in both hands. I also OW a lot with my 15" MBPr in a sling (Tumi Greely). Not an issue.

• Even a non-centered suitcase style weight is no problem for me while riding e.g. a half rack of beer.

• awesome, thanks for the feedback!

• I ride with my briefcase to work that has my laptop in it and wen I'm cruising around i usually have a backpack with a Bluetooth speaker in it.

• I ride with my backpack all the time, carrying a laptop and other things with no problem.

• I ride in The City with a very heavy knapsack. At first I thought it was forcing me to put a lot of pressure on my toes (felt like I was riding on my tippy-toes) so I took the pack off and held it in front of me while I rode. Same problem.
    Turns out the issue was that the road has a fairly steep drop (slant) on the side, in the bike lane.
    So, subsequent testing showed me that the pack (or carrying things) made hardly any difference to the feel of the board.
    The slanted-down roadsides, however, still annoy me and cause one of my biggest challenges when riding in the city (on bike paths, park roads, center or road, etc., it's no problem at all).. I'm not sure what OW can do to help solve this, short of putting in another toe-heal gyro that would allow the board to remain flat even on slanted roads.

• @kbern try riding with your toes off the board and your heals more towards the middle....at least on one foot. When you do this you are forced to put more pressure on your heel which is what you need if too much pressure is going to your toes. I found this worked well after dealing with aching feet.

I tend to have one foot centered and one foot with toes farther forward while heel is more centered... Then after several miles switch positions of feet.

If you are riding on a constant angle toward your toes making them sore, riding so that you are leaning more on your heels is what you need even if it feels less natural at first.