Groaning. Need lube?

• My board is starting to make a groan that sounds like a dry bearing. Is there something that needs cleaning or lubrication that I can actually access?

• This post is deleted!

• @ArrayKnight my first board started doing that within the first week of owning it. I'm sending it in this week. I'll tell you what they find if they tell me.

• Contact support. Sounds like they are real good at getting things fixed. Besides, at this point they really need to know of all issues for development.

• @Onewheel-Support @Future-Motion I just started to experience this my last ride. I started to notice the board making grumbling noises at random times. Nothing that was consistently noticeable, but definitely apparent on this ride (board has never made this noise before.) I was on the last bit of road before my house which was flat. I was going about 12mph ( nothing too aggressive) and my nose started to dip. My balance was fine I was in full control but then the board nose dived into the pavement sending me flying. Fortunately I was able to out run my fall but it did thrash my side rails a bit.
    thrash 1.jpg
    thrash 2.jpg

Support, can you tell me what's going on??? I am lucky this time, but may not be the same for the next time. Please help!

• @enjoi408 Glad you were able to run it out! Very lucky at that speed.

• Today I started getting a growl while turning. I air hosed the area near the wheel and rotated the wheel. After riding a bit it came back. Sounds like a typical bad bearing growl but I didn't think we had any in the motor. Any thoughts from FM

• I decided to update to the newest firmware to see if it would eliminate any issues. At times I do still get a groaning sound but it hasn't seemed to be a problem. Going uphill in extreme mode I feel like there is a tad less torque. I did recently inflate to 21 on the tire and I am not sure if that matters. I would like to know what percentage of people are getting misstarts and mode switches still so I know whether to send my board in or if that is pretty standard.

• @onewheel-support @future-motion I just sent support a message of my findings. After my crash, I noticed when I turn on my board, theres a tiny high pitched whine "eeeeeeeeeeeee" that happens. There are no error codes though. I was able to start the board and start riding. I was riding a couple of laps trying to recreate the groan but nothing. After a few laps in the parking garage the noise started to occur and pretty frequent. I have recorded a video for reference. Is this what everyone else is experiencing???

Groaning Onewheel

• @enjoi408 I have three boards and none of them make that groaning noise in your video. I would contact FM support to get that fixed.

• @jim Thank you for your input. That really gives me a perspective of how bad my issue is.

• I get the tiny high pitch noise which just lets me know the board is on but you cannot hear it unless you are in a silent location and are not riding the board.

The growling in the video is not normal and should be fixed.

• @Whirly1 my board has never switched modes on me except after a firmware update so it sounds like something you should get fixed. Someone did mention that you could accidenly change modes manually if the board is on and the pressure pad is bumped or pressed. I think though you could only do this if the board is turned on while on its side.

The only issue I'm still having is with charging. I'll plug in and the LED will stay green and it won't be charging. To fix I press and hold the power button and the LED turns red and board starts charging. No big deal now that I know to watch the LED each plug in. Also tonight I came home and notice all the lights were on while the board was charging. I unplugged and stepped on the board thinking it was on but it didn't engage. Pressed power and the lights went off, power again and it started working fine.

• @Franky said:

I get the tiny high pitch noise which just lets me know the board is on but you cannot hear it unless you are in a silent location and are not riding the board.

The growling in the video is not normal and should be fixed.

Try turning off the lights via the app, the high pitched sound should stop.

• I have the same issue, but I'm not sand it in. It's to expensive -.-