OneWheel Solar?

• That would be really cool if the platform decks on the OneWheel could be solar panels. Does anyone have a knowledge about this? Is this even possible given the grip tape needed? Maybe see through grip tape? Just talking it out with you guys... One can dream right? V3 in year 2022? Think of the range?

• Actually a pretty good idea

• How about a micro nuclear reactor for unlimited juice as long as we're dreaming. Solar could never keep up with my riding habits. At this point I hesitate to leave mine in the sun due to grip slip. I'm probably close to 1" skew on my pressure pad.

• Mine is starting to slip. I've gone ahead and ordered a fresh set of pads to see what those look like. I have found by modifying my front foot placement to just slightly rotated out when I start, I find that I'm not putting as much torque on the grip tape since I'm already a bit more turned in that direction.

• @Franky Why not do the screw method on your grip tape? I meant to the other day, but never got to lowes to get the right size screws (1/4") and now my tape is slipping (after just 6 days of riding). I'm going to have to make time to get the screws and secure my tape before it gets worse.

• @sidebox by the time I saw the idea for screws my grip tape was already askew. Once after leaving it in the sun I tried to rotate it back with no success. While it doesn't look good at least at this point it has not caused issues. I should probably go ahead and order new footpads and be ready when needed.

• When I got my second board, the first thing I did was put the screws in so I wouldn't have to deal with slipping anymore. The grip tape hasn't moved anywhere on the new board.

• @Franky I really want to see your pads because I'm only at 3.8 of an inch and it looks like crap already to me.

@michaelw sorry didn't mean to highjack your post. Get one of those smart engineer type guys in the portable charger post to come up with the figures to see if feasible. =)

• @Franky @Docblock @Onewheel-Support So we can order replacement grips? I've been riding for only 6 days, and my griptape is already way off. I was concerned that I might have to send my board in rather than just get new tape (due to the sensors) I'm actually worried that I might start having sensor issues, especially since this is only after a week of use. It was perfectly straight on day 1. If I can order new front grip, i will replace and screw down immediately. My current situation:

OWtape.jpg

@MichaelW I'm also sorry to hijack your post!

• @sidebox you can order just new pads and stuff or remove the grip tape yourself and replace yourself. I'm trying to find the post that shows it. I wonder if this is under warranty or not for you/me.

Edit: http://community.rideonewheel.com/topic/31/footpad-order-page-down/52

keep scrolling down but a lot of details in there.

• @veryous Perfect, thanks! I think I'm going to peel it and screw it. I've already taken a couple chunks out of the wood, so I might also order a new set of footpads for the future.

• Can one of you post a pic of the successful mod? With the tape screwed down!?

Thanks!

• I can honestly say I've never really look at or examine my board. And normally I'm not riding around others so I don't care how dirty it is...especially because I'm normally riding though dirt or roads with crud on them as was the case tonight after a rain storm today. However this is out of control..... I'd be interested in others cleaning routines or if you just avoid the crud to keep it looking good. It is nice to know a new set of pads can easily bring it right back. image.jpg

• @A.-Sant here is a pic of the screws installed. image.jpg

• @Franky I have always just taken my board to a self service car wash, and for a dollar I get enough time to spray my board off. I don't spray too closely as to avoid water injection into seams, but I do spray close directly down onto the grip tape. This gets all the crud off the tape nicely. After I spray the board off a quick wipe down with a cotton towel makes it look new again.

You really should peal off and reposition your grip tape.

• @J-Glide will look into ordering more grip tape and new pads today. I will try the grip tape first and have the pads for backup.

Look I gave my board its first bath today after having it for two months! Lol. Actually surprised how well mud came right out of grip as it's been there since day one.image.jpg

• Spray some mild cleaner or detergent on an old tooth brush and the ground in dirt areas will look like new.

• @J-Glide Thanks for the pic! How long/deep are those screws? Just as deep as the wood?
    Thanks again.

• @A.-Sant I think they are jus a quarter inch. They bearly peak out of the other side of the wood. I unscrewed the wood to be sure it was ok where they went in.

• Right on..thanks J-Glide. I may just do it right when I get my OW. Seems like a common problem so why not get out in front of it.