So I ordered a onewheel, what to expect?

• Is it as fun as people make it out to be?
    Does it actually feel like a surfboard?
    Is it reeeaaally the best purchase you've made?
    I have daydreams of cruising a bike path jamming to tunes in complete freedom.
    But than again, can't I just do that with a longboard?
    I remember reading all the satisfied and impressed customers of the hyped samsung gear vr, so I bought one and was pleasantly blown away. God I hope it's the same cuz man I spent an arm and leg to get this badboy (canadian dollar is the shits right now) :). And dear God the next 5 weeks is gonna be a painful wait to find out. So jealous of you riders.

• It's better than virtual reality. It's awesome reality.

• @forzabucks details man. Details.

• You are going to laugh when you re-read your post after receiving your OW....lol

• Welcome to the future. You are ahead of the pack and you won't regret it if you want to enjoy life more than you currently do.

• thanks guys for welcoming me to the future, and to an even more painful anticipated 5 week wait. im just gonna vicariously live through your guys pictures and videos for now.

• @Leperkonvict 5 weeks? Good luck ;) I'm on week 6 now I believe

• @DVO
    when you ordered what was there shipping estimate at the time?
    this is what fm told me:

We have been working hard to cut down our lead time and have been pumping our manufacturing up to meet demand. Right now the lead time is 4-6 weeks and closest to the 5 week mark. If you ordered today you could expect to be riding by the beginning to mid September! You can always ride in hard pact snow ;)

• @Leperkonvict Make sure to clear your schedule when your OW will arrive, otherwise you'll be regretting, as I did :)

• @Leperkonvict Read the post I just made in "Wall of Stoke". It will be life-changing.

• As for your longboard question, just try going uphill without having your feet touch the ground on a longboard....or deciding to turn off pavement and onto a lawn.

This will be a loooong 5 weeks but well worth it.

• That feeling of being excited as a kid for Christmas has come full circle.:neckbeard:

• @Leperkonvict its fun! You will soon see for yourself. But mostly you will feel how fun it is.
    What to expect?
    Happiness...when you finally receive your board.
    Amazement...at the speed and smooth feeling of rolling along
    Sadness...for the loved ones you will neglect as you ride your onewheel (just offer them a ride and this sadness will turn into happiness again)

• I hear ya man..I'm at week 4 and its freakin tough! Especially when I keep coming here to read fun posts and see sweet photos & vids.

As a former surfer and current longboarder..I'm hoping the ride will be somewhere in between. Not as bumpy-vibratory as the longboard..and not quite as floaty as the surfboard. From all the vids and great descriptions..we are in for a real treat! And..no more pumping up hills..for an 40+ 'old dude' that's a major bonus!

Waiting in WA..

• Yeah I keep coming here to read stories. As a canadian who only ever skated/snowboarded, I remember my first time catching a baby wave(lol) while surfing in Costa Rica, felt like snowboarding over an avalanche. So I'm stoked to hear this feels somewhat like surfing.

• I figured I'd chip in here: You will absolutely love it. It definitely feels more like snowboarding than skating (having never surfed, myself). I've had it for a full week now and I make sure to set aside at least an hour in the morning, afternoon, and night to ride around. It will invade all of your thoughts and you will just be waiting until the next time you can ride.

• @sidebox thanks for making me that much more excited!

• I have had mine for 3 days now. My gf already hates it cause I'm always riding it. I find myself making up excuse to use it, gotta go get milk right!

What did it cost to ship to Canada. I just placed an order for some too resell here in BC. Once ur friends ride it and fall in love with it(and they will) look me up.

• My girlfriend hated it, now accepts, and has expressed interest in one. Just a matter of time...

• @BCRyan Can't wait. I've been stretching everyday in preparation, waking up these withered muscles, shedding this old skin.:muscle:

As for shipping, it was $300 US. So my total came $2440 CAN. :see_no_evil: