Electrical storm, stay on or dismount

• I got caught in an electrical storm with no good place to hide. I decided that the rubber tire on the OneWheel gave me a better chance of survival than dismounting.

Fortunately, although I got wet, there was no lightning strikes near me before I was able to find a suitable place to cower bravely watch the storm.

Snopes said:

While rubber is an electric insulator, it's only effective to a certain point. The average lightning bolt carries about 30,000 amps of charge, has 100 million volts of electric potential, and is about 50,000°F. These amounts are several orders of magnitude HIGHER than what humans use on a daily basis and can burn through ANY insulator (even the ceramic insulators on power lines!) Besides, the lightning bolt may just have traveled many miles through the atmosphere, which is a good insulator. Your ½" (or less) of rubber will make no difference.

http://www.snopes.com/science/tires.asp

Did I make the right choice or should I have dismounted and walked to shelter? Seems like the speed of getting to shelter means OneWheel beats walking and rubber makes no difference.

• Youre talkong about lightning. Just like your quote says, if you get struck, the rubber would have made no difference. Also as scary as getting struck by lightning is, it's not likely to happen. These are not rare, but also not common things to happen. Stop worrying and keep riding!