Get me home power - fuel efficiency

• Clearly when I ride Classic mode at top speed I get decreased range. But how slow should I go to optimize for range?

Let's say I am out and running low on power. How fast/slow should I go to maximize range and give myself the best chance of making it home?

If I go 0 kmh then I'm not getting anywhere but spending power to balance so that's not optimal. If I go max classic speed then I burn power too quickly. So somewhere in between ... but where?

• If I'm really low on power and need to get back I'll typically ride at half of full speed and try my best not to carve and stay in a straight line.

• @Franky said:

If I'm really low on power and need to get back I'll typically ride at half of full speed and try my best not to carve and stay in a straight line.

That's about what I do too. REALLY hard to stay in that straight line though. I'm riding home last night on like 2% or something and I catch myself carving over and over again. I'm like the parent AND the two year old at once:
    stop carving
    , but I wanna carve
    stop it
    , but I wanna
    damnit I said no carving
    , I wanna
    you'll be sorry if you have to walk
    , oh alright, just teensy bit of carving then
    NO, none at all!

• A week ago I took a trip farther than I normally go but Brought my charger in cargo short pocket to use at Starbucks for the ride home. Everything went as planned. Charged up at Starbucks but decided 70% was good enough to get back so I unplugged and left. Unfortunately I decided to take a little detour which wouldn't have mattered except I was stopped by a guy asking questions. Rode in circles while answering questions and lost track of time. All good until I got low power pushback 3/4mile from my destination. Learned quickly that onewheel is easiest carried with both arms.

• Took a wrong turn tonight, ran out of battery and ended up having to walk a bit less than a km the rest of the way home. Wow, the pushback is so strong I was surprised and jumped off backwards while it was still moving, sending the board flying forwards.

Not sure which was worse, having to carry the board or having to walk in Vans shoes. They have no shock absorption at all, I'm really surprised non-skaters would wear them.

• Question for the group: does Extreme or Classic mode get a better battery range?

• @forzabucks The day I went riding with @enjoi, he was in classic all morning and I was in extreme. When he ran out of battery, I still had 20% left. Problem is, there are other variables there. One of the big ones, I think, isn't that he was in classic mode, per se, it's that he was constantly getting pushback and that takes energy for the board to do that.

• I tried Franky's way of Classic off road with one of my grass ramps I love to ride, though that seemed to suck more juice as well because I was hitting the top speed more than I thought I would.