WTF onewheel shut down again while riding at high speed!

• Had my first nose down toss today. No fun and hurt. Riding in classic mode, pavement and accelerated hard while already moving. Couldn't run it out and took a big dive into the pavement. Thought I broke my hand but got lucky. Just some scrapes, torn clothes, swollen hand and bruised pride.

From now on helmet and gloves/braces. Nice little warning that even a toy as fun as this can still bite you.

• @k3rm1t Someone is going to say it sooner or later, so might as well be me.
    Try the extreme mode. Be careful, but try it.
    Most, if not all, here thinks that extreme mode is easier and safer. Even though top speed is higher.
    "Go slow and use protection", if you know what I mean ;)

• Has OW responded to this? I have the same grinding sound (sometimes) and have also had high speed cutout. The most recent one was flat concrete, foot perfectly positioned and battery lasted another km.

http://community.rideonewheel.com/topic/649/motor-doesn-t-engage-first-time-board-turned-on

• Same thing happened to me. Board seemed to speed up first then nose dive at high speed. Flat ground going straight, foot on sensor, 70% battery and WHAM!? I love my onewheel but riding in fear of the dreaded nosedive puts a little damper on the riding experience.