Thrown off after nosedive with no pushback warning (nose dive, nose-dive)

• @coryg The tire doesn't rotate freely when the Onewheel is powered on, that's normal (otherwise you'd start rolling when you tried to mount it). If you have trouble riding uphill without hitting the nose of the board on the ground, try switching to Elevated mode, which will automatically lift the nose a few inches to give you more clearance in hilly areas.

• @smashdunk
    I wont ride in extreme anymore. They need to put pushback at 12 mph. Too dangerous

• @wheeler no it is not dangerous. Don't accelerate too fast. Be patient and let the machine work the way it is intended. The classic modes push black is WAY more dangerous cause I always went past it. Then felt like was losing control. But I learned to let the board rebalance on its own.

• I can understand if FM doesn't want to give rider's access to OWs sensor logs. But I would feel better knowing that logs were being collected for analysis by FM as the user-base grows and ride-miles accumulate. Many apps ask if logs can be transmitted back to HQ for analysis and I usually couldn't care less. This sounds like one app where the user-base would be really happy for their ride logs to be used to improve the experience.

• @Subterfuge and everyone else that this happened to -

I created an app for Android that will log all the stats to a file, it should help us get to the bottom of this. It's at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kwatts.powtools

Added stats include the sensor pads that are engaged and tilt/yaw/etc of the onewheel, current amps, etc. The app also displays all of these in one screen (and has buttons to set the ride mode and lights). I was riding and logging the other day and got the nosedive, stats showed going around 7 mph and both pads not engaged, although there wasn't a big spike in amps. Not enough data yet to figure out what is going on, but something is.

• Hey, can you add a battery alert to your app? Something like @50% vibrate.. 😀

• Seems an interesting app :-P can you just select the different mode or even create a new one? :-P

• Cool how the app shows total miles and hours, kinda surprised I'm only at 250 miles, 1200 hours..

• kwatts, you are the greatest, maybe put your forensic nosedive app on a new thread so everyone sees it?

• That app is pretty useful..

Originally I thought the foot sensors were some sort of field sensing. They're actually pressure sensitive pads and only respond to pressure in a area 1in x 4in(parallel to the wheel) area per sensor. Explains why flat shoes are the best and how easily you can lose contact with them and nose dive...

The graphics on the sensor pad a very misleading, the sensor area is small and in the center only..

Very cool..

• 0_1461706162261_IMG_20160426_162609-1024x1365.jpg

• @parrothd - Nice! You know, i was thinking of doing a red/green for the pad sensors, will use your findings to help put the location and scale. I'll also look into doing the battery alert for the next rev, thanks for the suggestion!
    @tartopom - It looks like for "Riding Mode" only three settings would stick and ones we already know (1 - classic, 2 - extreme, 3 - climb/nose up). There are some unknown bluetooth/BLE characteristics that might be there for writing ride mode settings, hard to know what to send etc without documentation.

All - There are other attributes that I didn't display in the app, let me know any of these would be of interest and I'll put them in the next rev,

• Safety Headroom (some #, didn't really change, no idea what it is?)
    • Trip regen and total amp hours (regen is amps that were regenerated from going downhill etc)
    • icsu and icsv faults (?)
    • if OW is charging (t/f although never seemed to change)
    • battery low flags at 5% and 20% (will add this in per @parrothd request)

I'll also plan to add tasker integration.

• Battery alert at %50 or whatever level you want would be awsome! I'm always worried on my trips I'm not gonna make it back.. Lol..

• @kwatts Safety headroom?? Be interested to find out what that one is.

• @kwatts Would you mind making an IOS app? I'd love to have this data, especially total miles and hours.

• @dcosmos said in Thrown off after nosedive with no pushback warning (nose dive, nose-dive):

@kwatts Would you mind making an IOS app? I'd love to have this data, especially total miles and hours.
    My question too. And possible speed tracking without using gps.

• @dcosmos If only I could make apps on iOS as quick as Android, I would (this app took me only a few days). If there are any iOS devs that are interested in making a similar app let me know, I'll pass on the Bluetooth deets and protocols I use.

• @parrothd said in Thrown off after nosedive with no pushback warning (nose dive, nose-dive):

Battery alert at %50 or whatever level you want would be awsome! I'm always worried on my trips I'm not gonna make it back.. Lol..

I Vote for the 50% vibration alert, so we can know that we are halfway and we should come back :)
    Also the 20% and 5% flags are useful :) keep them
    I'd like also to see the regen so we could check if it is really an interesting feature or not.

• @Tartopom

Could be risky only to pay attention to a 50% alert, as maybe you went downhill for the first 50% of the battery and strand half way going uphill!

• so maybe something alerting you at each 25%....one vibraiton at 75% battery left. 2 vibrations at 50%, 3 at 25% and 4 at 5%