Thrown off after nosedive with no pushback warning (nose dive, nose-dive)

• @thegreck
    Ive been wanting to see how elevated is. I will test it on the soccer field first. I wish there were more modes. I keep checking the app store for an app update. Hopefully they'll add a mode above classic.
    I lack speed discipline and eat it on extreme too much. You really have to stay centered. If you lean too far ober that center point, like most have said you will be picking pebbles out of your palms.

• @Tartopom Fixed the battery alert issue and just pushed the update. It should now work with the screen turned off or locked (just tested it). I have to admit, it's a cool idea/feature, I spend less time looking at the screen now when riding to see the battery stats (which is also safer).

• @parrothd Does it still disconnect when you turn off your screen? That shouldn't happen, it should keep running.

As far as falling, I'm going to try different treads. The shoes I'm wearing are hiking shoes or tennis shoes - hiking shoes seem to be better. It looks like one of the foot pads is a bit on the sensitive side, it's detecting my foot coming off then the OW is going down.

• @kwatts Great :) I will try it in the coming days. right now it's raining....so I prefer to not ride under rain :) Have you considered my feedback for further improvments? :) it sound stupid, but at first I don't know "mode 2" was extreme for example, it's not obvious ;)

• @wheeler , be one with the board. I am skateboarder/snowboarder/surfer. I have nosedived and ate it only once. Knock on wood. But I have nosedived only a few times and caught my self (every time I either accelerated too fast or was turning going uphill slowly and disengaged one sensor pad) But I can feel and hear the motor when I gets to the limit. "Know your board, know the motor, and let it be an extension of you." That should be my quote line. Lol

• So as an iPhone user I'm curious what my options are here, if I buy a used android phone, could I just connect to my board via bluetooth? without activation? or buy an android watch(without the phone)?

• @No
    You dont have to activate it. I use an ipod touch and have also connected with an ipad. I dont have any mileage stats though. I hope that stat is keeping track in the onewheel hardware. Id be curious to see the mileage.

• @wheeler thanks, I just found this thing http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281960634611?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Super tiny, and super cheap, might pick one up

Edit: cheaper here, double checked and it does have bluetooth http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LDMYZB4/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

• @kwatts remember you only need 1 sensor activated above .5mph...

I think flat shoes are the best, Toms, or other skateboarding shoe. Try keeping below 12mph. I rarely push thru or hit push back in extreme anymore, unless I'm prepared to bail.

• @Tartopom Yep going through the list, keep them coming.

• @wheeler Any Android device with Bluetooth should work, just make sure it's running Android 5.0 (lollipop) or higher - early versions were buggy.

• @kwatts Hello :) just tried your new update last night and it worked like a charm! I got vibration warning when I reached 75%, 50% and 25% :D it's a great addon :) thanks for having implemented it!
    In fact, I think that with very few cosmetic changes, your apps will be better than the one wheel official one ;)
    now I feel that I'm missing stats on my session.
    So, it would be great to have top speed, average speed, distance ridden, and why not a trace on a map ;)
    I know it's huge work, just giving my idea, then it depends where you want to push this apps.
    But obviously, soon it will replace the official one :D

• Lol.. Install ski tracks app, it does all that..

0_1462291227828_sharingMap2016-04-15T17-48-47.687-05-00.jpeg

0_1462291282048_sharingMetrics2016-04-15T17-48-47.687-05-00.jpeg

0_1462291302267_sharingProfile2016-04-15T17-48-47.687-05-00.jpeg

• I know, there is several apps which can do that, but I'd like to have a dedicated one to our beloved wheel :-)

• @parrothd Love that app, it's simply top for boarding. I didn't even think of using it for OW'ing!
    Combining all the stats from mobile with the OW stats, the sensors, geo-location, etc etc - getting the data is easy, just presenting it and if it's actually useful is something that isn't clear to me yet.

• I have been using an app called MyTracks for years while mountain biking and I love it.

• @kwatts did you updated the app with a new feature? because now I can see the voltage of each cells, so I saw that one was unbalanced :P

• @Tartopom Very cool, how are you rebalancing it? I also added metric-units for the display, it's under options.

• @kwatts I will check the metric units :D to balance the cells you just have to let the board connected overnight :) Now i'm always using your app in replacement of the official one, it's so much more informative :) I noticed a small bug with the status of the light when I first connect to the board. sometimes it says lights are off but in fact they are ON, switching them ON and OFF and ON solve the issue.

• @kwatts Any chance of this app being released for the iPhone? Sounds interesting and I'd like to try it out.

Funny how when the official iPhone app came out, it took forever for an Android version to be released, then someone came out with a better app, now all of us iPhone users are left out in the cold. I guess it's payback!