Thrown off after nosedive with no pushback warning (nose dive, nose-dive)

• @tomtnt yeah that's it..

• So maybe i should start to be glad that mine has no pushbacks hahaha

• I had an extremely painful nosedive today at approximately 11mph that sent me hard on my hip (I was riding in extreme mode). The board seemed to completely cut off the engine and stop while I was at near high speed. This sucked. I think my heel came slightly off the board, but I think the engine should never cut completely if there is some pressure on the pad at such a high speed. It doesn't make any sense. You would never want the engine to completely cut at a high speed unless there were no pressure on either side of the pad. This isn't the first time this has happened to me, but it is the first time at high speed it happened, and it makes me nervous to get back on the board. My hip is bruised pretty bad. I really hope the developers can fix this issue. It seems simple. The engine should never cut at high speed when there is pressure on either side of the pad. I can't think of a downside.

• @elsup
    As @Franky also replied somewhere here, these things seem to happen almost only to new riders. I am a member of this forum for some months now, and also to me it shows that all new riders talk about malfunctions on the sensor etc...

For what it's worth, I bruised my hip pretty bad 2 times in 1 week, hurt for a month!

• @Polle I think I agree with you.. People seem to be pushing to hard and not knowing the limits.. I figured out the limits in the first few days.. Been over a month with no spills.. Everyone thinks it will hold their weight no matter how hard they lean, unfortunately it won't hold forever and will give out..

• @elsup i think you posted your issue in the wrong place though lol

• Today i rode it and nosedived at high speeds again. And i felt a little very subtle pushback when reaching high speeds. ONLY SOMETIMES (not all the times idk why) And i felt that the pushback was very easily unnoticed when cruising at high speeds. However how i fell of today was that while cruising at high speeds on the street there was sort of a curb down about a 15cm or so (sorry im not so good at describing it, hope someone understands) that i had to land, and i didnt notice the curb cos it was at night (LED light's reach isnt that far) so i rammed through and landed down the curb heavily causing the front pad to hit the ground hard (hard nosedive) and i was thrown out of the board (this time really bad cuts) due to forward momentum of course as i was leaning forward. Just imagine, theres probably no way i could have balanced the board on that sudden rough landing and not nosedived that if u got what i was describing. Is this probably like an issue for improvemtment on the onewheel's balance ability.

• Don't ride at high speed.. Pretty simple..☺

• ARGH.

You guys jinksts me!

This time I felt the board stop and throw me off, not nose down from pushing to far forward. Actually felt the brakes being slammed on and me thrown...

• @Tonio said:

what do you guys mean by 1.0 or 2.0 exactly? My firmware is 3000 and I do have pushback.

It's the very first and old firmware. It was called 1000 and then upgraded to 2000, but we just called them 1.0 and 2.0.
    So I guess it's 3.x now.
    I'm still riding extreme in firmware 2000, since I only borrowed an Iphone twice (once to get it to extreme, and once to upgrade to 2000).
    Pushback was added in 2000, and never removed, because it's way superior to the alternative.

@elsup said:

The engine should never cut at high speed when there is pressure on either side of the pad. I can't think of a downside.

You are right. But this really is the way the board is supposed to work. It has been tested by a few daring ones that you can ride with only one sensor engaged with no problem, as long as you don't go too slow.

• On really hard heel turns my front half of my feet is completely off and the board has never shut off yet. .. fast or slow. So I wonder if it is a bug in some boards.

• I have a brand-new board with firmware 3056. In Classic mode the pushback was too much, like the tail was almost dragging on the ground. I changed it to Extreme on day 2 and it's way nicer to ride, but I don't think I can feel any pushback. It vibrates when it's approaching top speed, but it gets pretty sketchy, so I can only carefully dip into the power then have to back off. I've gone off the front a few times, but I kind of like the fact that the board takes some skill to ride. I'm hoping I can get the feel for pushing it along at full speed.

• @jp in 3056, extreme - doesn't the board still gradually lean its tail down as you pick up speed? That's what mine is doing.... very annoying as I hate riding with the tail oriented down.

I rode it "backwards" with the sensor foot on the back and it doesn't "sag" as much

• @rainynite over .5 mph you only have to be on 1 sensor.. It will only shut off under .5mph on 1 sensor

• @tomtnt, I don't feel any push back at all. I've tried riding it backwards a bit, but should do it more to see if there's a difference. Definitely no "sag".

• @njcustom is this 100% true? I've never seen that anywhere before

• @kelp 10000% true lol.. It's easy to test for yourself..

• First ride last night in my parking garage. Seemed to feel some push back so I gave extra lean and the nose went straight to the ground. Luckily it's a very smooth surface so the front slid vs stopped and I stayed on. Learning to respect the board early.

• @bigskyinminnie first off, gratz on your new favorite thing! Are you still in basic mode? (default on new board). I would be careful pushing through the push back in this mode. You hit the wall pretty quick and will get the nose up push back. Most find it easier to go straight to extreme mode.. which will give you some more speed and acceleration.

Definitely be careful muscling through the pushback though.. and wear helmet and wrist guards, especially when riding on concrete or other hard surfaces.

I took my board to a well maintained sports field the first few days. Very short grass makes for pretty smooth riding.. and hurts a hell of a lot less when face planting.. which i did often (usually due to over confidence and trying to exceed my current skill level). Rolling out of a nasty fall is painful on concrete!