onewheel mini-fender 3D Printable

• I really like the design. I have been hesitant on getting a fender for fear of rocks getting lodged between the fender and wheel and causing damage to one or both. Are you using magnets to attach to the frame?

• I Love this Idea. I want to start creating things in 3D as well and this is an awesome idea that could be modified in so many ways. I can't wait to see V2.0 I will have to print it out.

• @LWMcQuaid thank you for your support. I'm not using magnet because while offroading I always loose my fender from @njcustom, so I will modify it to use thumbscrews. Right now I'm waiting for them so during this time I'm using double sided tape ;-)

• First test tonight, what I can say? It works great to prevent debris and stone to come on your footpad , work ok in compact mud, but not enough protection for water.
    So basically, for those who ride under rain, I can't recommend it. But for those like me who road off road and just want to prevent dirty footpads, it's working great :-)

• The version 2 is on its way...less large, a little less high, more round...it should fit more nicely :)

0_1466675588923_Snip20160623_1.png

• Cool idea.... I don't like crap flying on my footpads, or all over my legs as well :)

• I can't wait to see this version.

• @Tartopom what about a a small thin brush for the inside?

• @Tartopom I want some!

• Where do you buy those plugs?

• @Seekwence You can either buy a handful of them from http://bit.ly/1OpEP3g , or follow me around for a while, because I always seem to lose mine within a day of putting one in.

Pretty sure it's happening when I'm sliding it under the seat on the train during my daily commute, because I never used to lose them before I started taking the train.

• @Seekwence honestly I'm not sure this could make a difference, well adjusted, the mini fender keep your footpads and your legs clean works while riding in the sands or you your daily urban commute.
    The look is nice and if you break it, you can just print a new one :-P

Right now the design is fixed for the v3, I jumped directly the v2 because it was not easily printable, the v3 keep almost the same design but print faster, more easily... in theory because I fail to print it for the 3rd time, my filament have some problem and my extruder is completely obstructed... So I can't print anymore for few days :’-(
    If someone has a printer, I can send him the v3 stl files to make a test print for the forum :-)

Tarto

• Now we're talkin! Can you make one in Royal Blue? How can I get one? Are you selling them on Ebay?

• @frotozoa I will release the final design and files soon, just need to print it and test it to validate this model.
    Then you will be able to order a print in the color and material you want on thingiverse, sculpteo or other 3d printing company.
    I don't sell anything, giving the file for free :)
    If it is useful for the community and if I see people riding with it, I will be happy :)

• @Tartopom thanks and it seems dope from what ive been able to gather from reading. would it be possible for you to post a video of you riding with it? also what about those of us who dont have 3d printers... or did i miss that somewhere in this post

• @Tartopom do you have the STL for V. 3

• @Tartopom
    I have to buy a printer. Anything I should know before I purchase one? How much of that stuff do I need? If I do make one I will coat it with spraypaint or some type of epoxy. How long is the setup and can I use xp? I have a fender btw and recently took it off to clean the wheel. The problem is where the back pad is exposed near the wheel and the dirt gets lodged under the pad. I rode it without the fender and it was unbearable with the stones kicking up on the pad and in my sandals.

• @Dark_Knight said in onewheel mini-fender 3D Printable:

@Tartopom thanks and it seems dope from what ive been able to gather from reading. would it be possible for you to post a video of you riding with it? also what about those of us who dont have 3d printers... or did i miss that somewhere in this post

Read his post right before yours again. He lists three companies you can order 3D prints from.

• I have ordered stuff from sculpteo before... They were cool. They did the logos for my guitar cabs... 0_1467348988828_image.jpeg

• @Dude send me your email in PM and I will send you the STL, Note that my printer is still out of order, so I've not been able to try it yet. so far it successfully printed to 70%, so I guess it should be OK.

@Dark_Knight unfortunately, not yet as my printer is still sick...I will give it another try tonight.

@frotozoa my printer is a Prusa i3 Hephestos, a derivation of the Prusa I3 open source model. Only thing you should take care of is to have a heating plate to be able to print ABS. and buy some DIMAFIX too, it's an amazing spray glue that has been designed for 3D printing. if you buy just 1 roll of ABS, 1kg, you will be able to print tens of fender...they are actually around 90gr each.

If someone else want to beta-test the STL file, just drop me your mail in MP :)