Update - BAD CRASH - 2 Week old Onewheel for sale

• @thehoff I agree 100%. That is my plan too.

• @thehoff that was my plan, to ride it for a very long time. Unfortunately, this experience has changed that for me.

• @McFly really sorry to hear that.. I've got banged up a few times myself but luckily only skin deep.. Broken bones are a totally different level.. I'm sure you will have no problems selling it. We are the same age so it takes longer to get back on our feet

• That's a bummer man. Get better!

• @thehoff Well said.

The need for speed.
    Most of us have that tendency to push the limit.

After my first nose dive, I vowed to just cruise around at low speed.
    Then I downloaded a speedometer, just to see how fast I'm going.
    Only to hit 11 mph. Then I had to just remind myself to take it slow.

Heck, even after a minor mishap, I was going to chuck it.
    Broken bone will cause most to sell it.
    So it's totally understandable.

• This is what my arm looks like after the crash. 0_1472648081220_image.jpeg

• @McFly Damn son. OW

• @McFly thats looks painful.. hope your on the mend soon

• I had some pretty bad wrecks the first month of owning it but none that bad. I thought about selling mine after the second wreck. I was on it the next day.

If I had had an accident that bad (especially early on) I would definitely sell it. Bummer though... I get it.

• @MichaelW yeah, I was able to run out a couple slower speed mishaps in the first couple weeks nothing that even frightened me at all. But when this happened it just flat out stopped and threw me over the front going in a straight line at 14.5 mph on a smooth street with a slight incline. I had no warning, no growl, no pushback. Shoulder broken in four places and out of place, hip and leg bruised, ribs bruised, plus a little road rash. Thankfully I was wearing a helmet as my head hit the ground too.

I hate to sell it but I'm just going to sit here and stare at it for the next six to eight weeks and then probably not feel very comfortable getting on it again. Also, I have an very rare auto immune disease which makes any injury like this much worse than it would be for an average person. I have broken many bones in my day and always say pain is temporary but as I get older and with the condition that I have, I could just cannot risk these types of injuries.

• @McFly feel better man! After reading about your injuries, I threw down yesterday and purchased an upgraded set of knee and elbow pads, new wristguards, BMX padded shorts to protect the side of my thigh, and pads to protect my forearm and lower leg (the 2 places that get scraped up the most when I wipe). Already have a great helmet. I've had some nasty wipes but never incurred injuries as bad as yours. So far the biggest issues I've had with wipeouts are a) dealing with the yucky, bloody mess (my wife hates the blood that seeps into the sheets, and wearing long pants over my bloody lower leg sucks), b) riding while still healing from a previous wipe (scabs don't like pads on them, and they hurt like hell if you fall on them again), and c) convincing some of our friends that I haven't joined Fight Club.

• @McFly seems like a common thread is emerging in a number of nose-dive posts--the board is travelling close to max speed and up hill. It makes sense, because if the motor is already close to its capacity, even a slight incline could push it past the breaking point. I'm making a mental note to leave a few mph's of cushion any time I'm going up hill, and I'd be curious if anyone braver or smarter than me finds a good way to test this theory. Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you mend quickly.

• @amyt2205 in my opinion going up steep hills takes finesse. If you're interested, I put a post up on this string http://community.onewheel.com/topic/3818/loosing-power-and-torque-after-big-crash about how I approach them.

• @amyt2205 I just went out on my lunch break and bombed a hill (would guess 18mphish) and then it was an immediate uphill that I tried to keep the speed for - I had no issues.
    @McFly What firmware version is your OW?

• @groovyruvy

Having read about few mishaps going uphill.
    I try to bend my knees even more and try to maintain the mass of my body weight over the center.

• @hustle Interesting. Thanks for the info, and you're certainly braver than I!

• @hustle Version 3056

• I own 3 OW and I love them and still ride daily, even after two fractures. The first time I fractured my elbow I was going uphill. The board flipped me hard. I think this had to do with inexperience. The second time I just took some gravel the wrong way.

I'm glad I didn't give up, I have a blast on the OW and I'm always stopping by the skate parks and grabbing people to go ride with me. They all have hopped on and rode the trails like champs. Be safe, smart and ease into this sport and you can have a great chance of keeping safe.

• @McFly holy crap is that a bruise??? What a color! Sad to hear you're leaving the OW family, but I totally respect your decision. Hope you can find something else fun to try instead :)

• @1woman1wheel yes, that is the bruising on my arm, my shoulder is broken. I hate to leave the Onewheel family also I am trying very hard to convince myself not to sell it.