Update - BAD CRASH - 2 Week old Onewheel for sale

• other alternatives are the ninebot segway mini or the ninebot one e.
    I may get the one e. Its like a one wheel minus the board. The onewheel is still cooler for carving like youre on a snowboard. Heal up and get some good pads and maybe get back on the horse. Again. Think about it

• I agree with @frotozoa ... just take it slow next time. Get to know your board before you start taking risks. You shouldn't be going fast enough to fracture a shoulder when you're just starting out. Or ever. You can still have a lot of fun carving on a Oneweel at slower speeds.

• @thegreck I didn't think that I was going that fast 14.5mph as shown on my OWheelbuddy app??? In classic mode I have video showing 12+mph with pushback but controllable.

• Ok, so.... My 24 yr old son visited today and rode my board for the 1st time. He was 17+ mph in just a couple of minutes. I'm still baffled - why did I nose dive at 14.5mph? Really struggling with riding it again or selling.

• @McFly Too much weight put on the front of the board = instant self-balancing failure. That's the reason for most nosedives. It's even easier to do when going uphill, because the board is still trying to stay level even though the ground is at an angle (therefore closer to the nose of the board).

Your son is probably lighter and was keeping his center of mass over the wheel, and was on flat ground.

• @McFly besides uphill balance issues if your foot comes off the pressure plate instant nose dive. I'm always paying attention, making sure my foot stays steady on that plate. You can ride again and be safe. I had a radial fracture, rode about a week after and didn't crash for two months. I couldn't so I didn't, I took it slow and safe. I crashed again when I started pushing it and again another fracture. So now it's been four months, no crashes and I've learned a lot now, I can go fast, be safe and ride almost anything. So I wish you the best either way you go.

• @thegreck makes sense, thanks.
    But just for the record, he's heavier than I am. 🤓

• @McFly Haha... sorry, when someone says "my son" I automatically picture a small child.

• I'm 63, and have had my OW about a month. I ride dirt exclusively- as in dirt roads because that's all there is on this ranch. First time I rode it (Classic mode), after cruising the flat a few laps and feeling OK, I tried going down the dirt road on one side of the house- a nifty little hill kinda the same height and steepness as a skate park- like a nice little five foot wave, and wooomps- that little sucker took off right out from under me and I came down real hard, square on my upper back and shoulders.

My head bounced off the deck, and was I ever thankful I had on my helmet, elbow guards, wrist guards and knee guards. My back ribs hurt for a week. I won't ever consider hitting my little playground without all the safety stuff, long pants and long sleeve tee shirt. All those little pebbles and dirt get sharp even if you're only going eight or ten miles an hour. Learned my lesson right from the get-go.
    Anyway, after a week of yoga focused on my upper back, and back in general, I got on it again...this time realizing exactly what an OW is and what it isn't. Although some of its ride characteristics can be compared to other board sports, it's an entirely different animal all together- a lot of fun but I've come to realize that just because I skated when I was a kid a lot, and surfed out at the Channel Islands (CA) all the time for over 30 years , it definitely doesn't mean I'm going to jump right on an OW and master it any time soon.

The duration of service of my body parts has become a finite entity at my age, and I intend to protect them for maximum uninterrupted service. My sessions are getting longer and longer as all those muscles I forgot about are being reactivated, and I spend a lot more time upright before I fall now- it's all dirt and I'm learning how to ride the rough stuff- 'cause that's all there is. Depending on the fall, it may be time to put it away for the night, or I might get up and give it another go until the second fall. It's really a great way to workout. It's amazing but I'm seeing a lot of improvement in overall toning of my body, plus what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger, so I take the falls as part of the learning curve, and they've become fewer and fewer. I'm really stoked- playing with the modes now. It's not surfing or skating, but it makes me live in the 'now', and takes my mind off all the other stuff going on in the rest of the world. It's a hell of a workout.

I'm a little amused when I see OW's ridden with minimal or no safety gear- but I've only done the dirt, so maybe riding the smooth is way different. All I can say, especially when these guys are talking casually about some of the speeds they're hitting, is don't be a knucklehead- wear your safety gear! It will save you a lot of pain and a lot of money!

• @Dirt_Surfer You're an inspiration :) Sending you positive vibes for your rides!

• Hey man, are you keeping the board or gonna get rid of it? I'm in greenville sc. i got one a few days ago and my wife really wants one haha

• @bmorri0371 I think I'm going to wait until I heal to make final decision.

• @McFly That's the spirit :D

• @McFly How's your healing going?

• @hustle said in Update - BAD CRASH - 2 Week old Onewheel for sale:

@ahxe45 said in 2 Week old Onewheel for sale:

@McFly What if you're onewheel says your wife must go?

+1. Priorities.
    This is good to see though. Now I know what I will have to put in any future marriage agreements.

1. OneWheel Must Stay
    2. OneWheel Must Always Remain on Display When Not In Use
    3. OneWheel must not be touched by Wife/Kids/Friends/People/Animals (Unless Wife is cleaning OneWheel)
      ((Kidding, I'd clean my own baby))

I know this is an old post, but it was recently bumped. If you're still not married, I would suggest adding one more thing to this list:

1. I must always be allowed to ride the Onewheel for a minimum of 2 hours a day without being guilted to death about "more important" duties.

• @thegreck

+1

Onewheel is like dope, only natural...

• @sonny123 No kidding!

• @groovyruvy Living With A Woman Is The Most Dangerous Thing A Man Can Do!

• @onewheelwraith said in Update - BAD CRASH - 2 Week old Onewheel for sale:

@groovyruvy Living With A Woman Is The Most Dangerous Thing A Man Can Do!

I always wondered what LWAWITMDTAMCD stood for!