Sensor in front or back?

• Just wondering how everyone is riding?

• Sensor in the front unless I'm Ridind switch but when I do ride switch I'm overly cautious at this point.

• @Franky

I feel like my front foot wants to adjust more then my back foot

• @njcustom, I believe the board handles the same whichever side the sensor is on. Shifting your sensor foot is a no no and dangerous. If your better at keeping your back foot planted then sensor in back might be best for you.

I'm not sure why so many of us prefer sensor in the front. Maybe it's because it's easier to see and a better reminder not to shift. Maybe most of us keep our front foot planted best.

• Front, always.

• Sensor front almost always. But I switch it up a little bit and also switch to goofy fairly often.

• sensor front. in the newbie thread people suggest riding switch for emergencies and well-roundedness for moving around in crowds or avoiding an obstacle. I should ride switch more..

• Interesting, never thought about this. I read early on that you should ride sensor forward and that's the way I've been riding so when I ride fakie I am essentially riding sensor back... I've never dismounted to start riding fakie, I simply change direction...

Sensor back makes some sense, means you can shift your front foot more, but I will have to try dismounting. You have to look good while riding, and mounting/dismounting has the most potential to look completely ridiculous.

• sensor back - ride goofy and switch (when switch sensor is at front - unless doing dedicated switch ride)- when snowboarding I alternate between releasing front and back at lifts so can scoot along with either foot

• It is good to mix things up, makes you a better rider,

• I can ride either way. I snowboard too and ride both ways.. Something makes me feel like the sensor would be better in back.. But I'm not sure yet.. I'm at almost 6 weeks..

• Sensor in back, same foot I take off my snowboard when scooting. Front foot stays on board.

• @lardnicus said:

Interesting, never thought about this. I read early on that you should ride sensor forward and that's the way I've been riding so when I ride fakie I am essentially riding sensor back... I've never dismounted to start riding fakie, I simply change direction...

Sensor back makes some sense, means you can shift your front foot more, but I will have to try dismounting. You have to look good while riding, and mounting/dismounting has the most potential to look completely ridiculous.

I'm the same, I keep the same sensor/feet position if I'm riding regular or goofy and just switch as needed without getting off, I started with the sensor forward so I've kept that way so I don't confuse my dismount foot.

• Front, because I usually have full weight on that foot on. With sensor on the back I'd be afraid of letting the back foot loose and disengaging the sensor.

• Just like @kolinko I ride with the sensor in the front, under my left foot. Unless I switch, ofc.
    Both works fine, but I like to "steer" with my back foot for some maneuvers, as well as compensate for the tilt @ pushback sometimes by lifting my heel.
    Front foot is always well planted on the board.
    edit
    I always come to a full stop before dismounting, so it's never really a problem if I switch, which I do sometimes when it's easier than turning the board 180 degrees before mounting (narrow corridors and the like). I rather go with the sensor back, than ride goofy. But I rather ride goofy than get off ;).

• front. Only @j-glide I know rides with it in the back. Riding more and more switch, but I still look like my friends do when they ride the board regular.

• @veryous Always back! haha...... I shift my front foot around a lot.

• I feel like the back may work better for me.. I'm at 7 weeks now and waiting :/

• @njcustom I ordered mine early September. Won't get it until late October. I'm pretty annoyed/impatient.

But I had a chance to ride one the other day. It's so great. And I personally don't think it matters whether it's in the front of back. It's fun either way.

• I feel like the back may be better for when going over things like curbs.. I think by taking some weight off your front foot might get you through rougher terrain.. I suppose you can't do that with the sensor in the front.. But I don't know yet

The testing will begin soon, hopefully in 2 weeks