Beach Riding - Yes or No

• I love beach riding but I go for low tide only and stay out of the water now. I have had two boards die on me after beach rides where my board got wet. Better to say away from the salt water. Rain is 100% ok.

• @MichaelW said in Beach Riding - Yes or No:

I love beach riding but I go for low tide only and stay out of the water now. I have had two boards die on me after beach rides where my board got wet. Better to say away from the salt water. Rain is 100% ok.

That's good to know, because winter is coming and it'll be the first time I'll be commuting to and from work on my Onewheel during the "rainy season" (which in LA usually means every now and then it might drizzle for a few minutes).

• @thegreck wondering if there's an opportunity for a new product- waterproofing retrofit kit

• @groovyruvy I would think it would be tough to sell as a product because you would be selling silicone and some plugs maybe. You would also be telling people to open up their boards and risk some backlash if they mess it up from not knowing what they are doing.

• @ahxe45 yeah, scratch that idea

• Beach riding? Heck no. Since spraying water on it is not an option.
    I would say yes if I won the lottery, in which case I would own at least 5 of these things. and I would buy one for some schools in the area, and they could have a Onewheel club. You could have a set amount of people in each class and a ten minute limit to cruise around. Since it charges quick you could get another 10 minute ride after you wait your turn.

• I just spent a week in FL beach riding. My dad and I bought gorilla tape and taped up most of the front end, leaving the charge port and power button open so we could tape that individually and use when needed. We went through some low water here and there throughout the week and everything is fine.

• It's my favorite place to ride. I hose off my board with the ports covered, so far no issues.

@BriFi said in Beach Riding - Yes or No:

Hey gang,

I frequently ride on a path along the beach and often feel tempted to ride on the wet packed sand during low tide but I don't want to risk damaging my beloved OW. Anyone have any experience with this? Any horror stories?

Enjoy the wknd!

• I rode my board directly into the ocean lol and it never turned off or anything.. it was totally submerged..