Flying and TSA?

• @jlinn So jelly. I'm just terrified to risk it.

• @hustle If they tried to confiscate my Onewheel, I definitely wouldn't just let them take it and then get on the plane like Casey did! I'd say, well I guess I'm not flying just yet, and take my OW to the nearest FedEx to ship it home!

But I guess Casey knows Boosted will just send him a new board, anyway.

• @thegreck, I suppose that's the difference between a BB and OW guy (or girl). We will leave no OW behind...

Casy's vlogs can be a little dramatic but they're still very entertaining.

• Plus he gets most of his gear for free so no real sweat off his back..

• @westcoastr just 3 hours South of me and a few more riders. A few live down in Calgary too

• @juts Made it to Banff, where I met up with my OW and had a good ride with my friend. Looking forward to more tomorrow. It was so good to have another OneWheeler with me! Too bad you're not closer.

• @westcoastr yea the closest I'll be is red deer on monday

• I bought my OW in LA in June and got back to my country without any issues.. I knew TSA would confiscate my board so I had to disassemble it and separate it in three different bags. The wheel and tire in one bag, rails and controller in other bag, battery pack in hand luggage. I took care to wrap the battery in a sealed plastic bag as requested by the airliner. I covered the OW logo with duck tape and flattened the tire (no pressured devices allowed in bags). Back at home, I opened the bag with the wheel, there was a TSA inspection note inside, they checked my bag but did not confiscate anything.
    It's really a pain in the ass to disassemble the board, I'll never do it again.
    I'm hoping for a solution from FM .. OWing is a must when visiting other countries.. we really need green passes in airplanes

• Well played @marcelo!!

• @marcelo said in Flying and TSA?:

I bought my OW in LA in June and got back to my country without any issues.. I knew TSA would confiscate my board so I had to disassemble it and separate it in three different bags. The wheel and tire in one bag, rails and controller in other bag, battery pack in hand luggage. I took care to wrap the battery in a sealed plastic bag as requested by the airliner. I covered the OW logo with duck tape and flattened the tire (no pressured devices allowed in bags). Back at home, I opened the bag with the wheel, there was a TSA inspection note inside, they checked my bag but did not confiscate anything.
    It's really a pain in the ass to disassemble the board, I'll never do it again.
    I'm hoping for a solution from FM .. OWing is a must when visiting other countries.. we really need green passes in airplanes

I'm so jealous I didn't think of this. I ended up paying around $320 for shipping and $400 in import fees/customs even though I had owned and rode the board for 8 months before shipping it here after I moved (shouldn't have had to pay). They basically confiscated it at the border and told me to either pay or hire a lawyer. for $720 I happily would have taken the time to disassemble it had I thought of that.