OWheelBuddy goes online - let's start the competition

• @1woman1wheel don't worry, stay relaxed and enjoy riding :) I have hit my top speed while riding a track which was slightly downhill ...
    I still have to investigate if speeds like 25 mph are achievable, but what I can tell you up to now is that 21 mph can be done (and yes, the rider must be a light weight person with excellent balancing skills and don't has to worry about painful nosedives)

@CaseInvaders ok, please tell me which version of OWB you use (you'll find it in the iOS settings app).
    Btw: the lifetime odometer can't be reset withing the app, it is stored in your OW (of course it will be reset if uninstall OWB and install it again - but even then it updates when your connect to your OW again). pls send me further details to office@onewheelbuddy.com in order to not lead the thread off topic.

@ahxe45 yes, pwnisher's incredible speed also seems unrealistic to me

@thegreck pls tell me which version you're using - I've never ever heared about wheel slip warnings on concrete up to now :/ (pls, also provide your iPhone model ...).
    The only thing which could explain this behaviour to me, is that you're riding in an environment where you have lot of bluetooth devices close to you which really could cause connection issues (this may also trigger the wheel slip detection - while I'm writing this, I've also changed the tolerance for such issues, I hope the next update will solve it ...).

• @SeeTheInvisible Well, I'm on the top ten mileage board, so I think I have the newest version of the app. I don't see any updates available. I don't think there's any Bluetooth interference, as I'm riding with a street and cemetery on one side and train tracks on the other, and it only seems to happen when I feel I should've bypassed my top speed. But instead I get a wheel slip alert.

I do tend to speed up and slow down in short bursts, which is just a riding style, so maybe the app is seeing my quick speed up as wheel slip?

• So today I was killing time at work and happened to check the OWB Leaderboards. J-Glide had 7766MI on a board! But now updating the leaderboards and the reading is gone.. which seems really weird. I actually got a screenshot of it...
    0_1476227642251_IMG_1858.jpg

@J-Glide do you really have a board with 7766MI? If so, a) that is freaking awesome and b) I have a few questions for you about the maintenance and performance of the board over it's lifetime that probably belong in a different thread....

@SeeTheInvisible Is there any reason that a board's milage would show up on the leaderboard and then disappear like that?

• Regarding the unrealistic high speeds, how is wheel spin detected? What if I <deleted>, could someone trigger abnormally high speed readings without activating wheel spin?

• @thegreck ok, the bursts can be the issue, I'll test exhaustively with a really light weight rider, because he should be able to trigger wheel slip detection easily if this is the issue.

@slydogstroh J-Glide seems to cheat as far as I can tell up to now. In fact his last reading shows 28 miles which seems much more realistic ;)

@No Honestly there are of course several ways to cheat and I don't want to inspire anyone how to cheat (Trust me, they're watching us here :)). If someone finds a way, I'll also find a way to detect his cheating.

I'd suggest that the leaderboards anyway beeing reset on regular base - otherwise it'll get boring :)

PS: I'm also working on a cheat detection algorithm

• If the record high-speeds are achieved in downhill sections, then a heavier person has the advantage since they present a relatively smaller frontal area for their mass.

• @Roy Theoretically you're right, but in fact I think that for a light weight person it's easier to maintain balance on the board which is the trickiest thing when going past pushback ....

• @thegreck said in OWheelBuddy goes online - let's start the competition:

@SeeTheInvisible I don't think there's any Bluetooth interference, as I'm riding with a street and cemetery on one side and train tracks on the other

Ugh but ghosts can be even worse than BlueTooth. So interfering.

• @SeeTheInvisible - So, are you saying that a lighter person is more affected by the OW self balancing feature? I could buy-in to that. My diet starts tomorrow.

• @1woman1wheel, maybe better ghosts than goats when OneWheeing...

• Stupid app told me to stop cheatin. So, dont start app while riding. It gets grumpy

• @BadWolf Oh really? I almost always start the app while riding!

• @BadWolf Oh man, there's just one special situation in which this can happen - and you triggered it almost instantly, lol ...

@thegreck There's really a tiny bug in the new version which may happen when connecting while riding, but it should occur really seldom (next release is in the queue already ...)

• am i the only one that ever reads the update description on the app store? :D

• @SeeTheInvisible said in OWheelBuddy goes online - let's start the competition:

@BadWolf Oh man, there's just one special situation in which this can happen - and you triggered it almost instantly, lol ...

Well. to be fair.. Its kind of my "job" to.. right? :D

• Just unboxed for the first time. Took it out for a testride and got on the 5th place in top speed.

Its just awsome how intuitive it rides.

• @SeeTheInvisible Any news on an Android version? I want to join in the fun.

• Yes! Got 5th on the leader board with my new top speed!

(which is 18.1, but apparently @Future-Motion still hasn't fixed the upload photo bug on these forums, so no matter what I do I can't seem to get my image to upload)

• @SeeTheInvisible I do not cheat, but I have more than one board. I wouldn't have the first clue on how to cheat this app or any other app.

• @slydogstroh I have connected up to 8 boards since this app came out. Not one of them has more than 1500 miles. I don't know where the 7700 miles came from.