duty charges? (& $300 shipping?)

• hi - I am in Canada - does the $300 shipping 'include' taxes/duties? Or... what would be the duty on that?

Thanks!

• I am in Australia (we get slammed with $300 shipping too) and the duty/tax was extra, billed by UPS.

• lardnicus is correct, for me in Belgium, taxes and duties were more then €400, above the shipping costs.

• If you have a friend in the US, you could send the OW to them, and have them mail it to you as a gift. This is one way people skirt around the import fees - although I'm not sure how this would work with insurance.

I picked mine up in the US and flew it home with me. That's another strategy.

• This post is deleted!

• I am doing the same. .timed my order 9 weeks before a trip to Disneyland...save $250 on shipping and can legitimately bring it back full value. Counting the days till November...

@jeff8v7 said:

If you have a friend in the US, you could send the OW to them, and have them mail it to you as a gift. This is one way people skirt around the import fees - although I'm not sure how this would work with insurance.

I picked mine up in the US and flew it home with me. That's another strategy.