A few general questions before I buy...

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXn0Cf7Wf7k I think Onewheel will beat any other Eboard when it comes to bad road conditions. The Zboard Pearl is said to be "splash" proof but I don't think it would fair to well in the snow for daily rides. Get a onewheel

• Seems to me that the OW is something fun that you could commute on (under the right circumstances) rather than a commuting solution that happens to be fun. If your priority is a commuting solution there are probably better solutions out there, like maybe something like a Solowheel. Dunno about snow on those.

Are OWs shipping with Slime now? I thought people were adding their own. If you do get a flat, you should be able to plug it with a tire kit, but if the hole is in the sidewall or otherwise unrepairable the tire is not user replaceable, according to the manufacturer (because installation requires a calibration).

Speaking of snow, someone should try snowboarding a OW uphill using these:

https://www.ombwarehouse.com/All-Other-Parts/Snowblower-Parts/Tire-Chains/12-Tires-Chains

• Somewhere I saw an electric skateboard with large (for a skateboard), knobby tires - might be the best option for snow.

• Here's a guy on a Onewheel on snow:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXn0Cf7Wf7k

• Anyone have experience with replacement tires? That's my biggest concern, not even the price but the wait. I don't want to be without my ride for a month or so. I'd definitely prefer this over the Zboard as far as it's usefulness when riding on other surfaces (i.e. Over grass and the crappy sidewalks, up and down curbs, etc).

I like the backpack idea but the one I have on me is always full of books and stuff, maybe a sling like contraption that covers the wheel to prevent the carrier from getting wet while also providing a more comfortable hand hold?

• Onewheel is going to be more fun and way more versatile than any other electric board as far as riding and the elements.

I would not expect to plow through many inches of snow but one inch or newly plowed with a bunch of salt should be manageable with practice and fendor. My biggest concern is the effect of cold on the batteries.

Tire damage should be a non issue in my opinion. But repair on any device is a possibility on all these devices. After three months of riding, mine is at fm for repair. Thankfully they are covering all expenses since it's under warranty. I've heard people with the electric boards have also needed various repairs too.

The board weight and size of ultra charger might be a deal breaker if you need to lug it around a lot...at least until they come out with a bag that you can pull it around. Even then, many stairs would be strenuous.

Ultimately no transport is going to be perfect. Just weigh e pros and cons of each and pic the best that doesn't have a deal breaker.

Or maybe the most practical thing for you is walking! It's only a half mile, it's better for he planet, you don't need to worry about what to do with it on campus, you save a bunch of money, you don't risk needing repair....PROBLEM SOLVED. Then again if you want to have a lot of fun, order your onewheel today.

• Hey everyone thanks so much for all the tips and honest answers to my questions. I spent a lot of time the last few days thinking about it and finally pulled the trigger! I decided that the weight and tire risks are completely overshadowed by the amount of fun and versatility it offers over my other options. That said, if anyone has figured out a good way to carry around their onewheel a little more easily please let me know! Really looking forwards to my onewheel's arrival!

• @ZeroEmissions Don't be too excited. I hate to burst your bubble, but I ordered September 9th, and they said I will have it in December. Just try to forget you ordered it and remember again around the new year lol

• This post is deleted!

• Yikes, it said 6-8 weeks when I ordered. Hopefully I can just forget about it and the day I get the email it will be like: "oh yeah! Awesome!" But something tells me that's not very likely. Bummer the wait is so long...