Thanks in advance

• @eish maybe i will rethink my plan to start with extreme mode. i do plan on wearing my mc undergear until comfortable.

• @eish Yeah good tip. I will add padded shorts to my list of accessories. I remember landing on my tailbone back when I used to skateboard and it was not fun. Hurt for about six months at least.

• @callenj357 said:

@eish maybe i will rethink my plan to start with extreme mode. i do plan on wearing my mc undergear until comfortable.

do it - it was more the rubbish roads and cul-de-sac bumps - climbing mode is quite nice as an intro to extreme

re snowboard feeling - went down a long flatish slope today did feel a bit odd not having front foot lower than the back but that soon goes away - think i was just looking for things as never noticed this feeling before

• @NsinR8 is the OW Buddah.

• Well, knowing that I still had an automatic 2-month wait ahead of me, I couldn't wait any longer and just placed my order! Now I'm in the waiting club. Just hoping I somehow get it by Christmas.

• @thegreck congrats! Now the waiting hazing starts which is the standard ritual to get into the onewheel owners club.

• @Franky It's ridiculous already, and I just ordered it last night! I keep thinking, Oh crap! I haven't ordered my pads yet! But I still have 2 months at least. Sigh.

• @thegreck, that gives you some time to research the best stuff. I don't wear pads but I think some riders here have padding that is not bulky or restrictive.

• You should look into G-Form pads. They're more expensive than regular pads, but the fit and comfort is great. Just bought a pair of their crash pants.

• Also a 46-year-old with a wife who relented (right away because she knows she married a big kid who just won't let something fun go)... Good to hear I am not the only one. Am four weeks into the wait for a board. I haven't been this obsessed about something in a long time... I am blown away every day by the technology, not just of OW, but all of the rideables. I wonder what my kid is going to be talking his wife into when he's my age?