Practical Commuting Vehicle?

• @vromifou sometimes I ride in steal toe shoes looks like a dress shoe and have to say they are very comfy. I think it's that thick rubber sole.

• Years late, but hey, who doesn't want to hear another opinion? I commute about ten blocks over godawful sidewalks that are like cruising through an obstacle course. It's kind of fun.

1. Weight isn't an issue. I work in a warehouse and just ride it to the spot I store it. But yeah, you don't want to have to carry it too far.

2. Range -- If you charge it at work, it has a theoretical range of 14 miles. Jesus. I wouldn't want to ride this thing 14 miles a day. That would be physically exhausting.

3. Max Speed -- I mostly ride on sidewalks, and honestly wouldn't want to go much faster. It's faster than walking, but slower than biking and that totally works for me.

4. There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who hop on this thing and try to see how fast it can go...and those who try to figure out turning and braking first. If you're of the former, you're going to wipe out occasionally (especially if you fight pushback). If you're in the latter group, you should only eat shit a few times before you figure out how to ride safely.

5. Whatever. If you can afford it, get it. I've bought a number of ~$1000 toys over the years, and this is the one I've enjoyed the most.

6. Weather -- I've got a fender and waterproof pants. It's no worse than biking in the rain. Snow may be another matter though.

Tl;dr: I consider it a replacement for walking, not biking. In that use case it's great.

• @Polle
    I absolutely agree with your position on push back and not falling (failing) on the OW V1. The V1 is a solid hardware and firmware vehicle. At this stage I would likely recommend it over the + given the various first batch issues posted......