What kind of range are you getting?

• I just did a mileage test. My plan was to go to the gym using my Onewheel. The gym from my house is exactly 3.0 mi. Here are the conditions:

Rider weight : 165lbs.
    Rider height: 5ft 9in
    Lights: Off
    Charging: Been sitting on the charger for 1 hour before ride.
    Tire pressure: medium (unknown PSI)
    Road conditions: urban streets and sidewalks. Relatively flat. Lots of little pebble on ground.
    Outside temperature: 85 F, light wind.
    Other details: when waiting for lights to change, I would step off the board. Turning was relatively minimal. Cruising speed 12-15mph.

Results were I was able to do 6.0 mi. Once I got home, I checked the app and had 35% battery left. I am confident I could have hit 8.0 mi.

• My results are roughly the same as yours. I weigh 175 and ride on asphalt at around 18psi. I have a three month old board with latest firmware, lights on, extreme mode

• So I noticed something different in today's ride. I did my normal ride to the gym and by the time I end up home I usually have 25-35% left completing roughly 6-7 miles. But today's conditions;

Rider weight: 165lbs
    Outside Temp: 55F
    Terrain: roads, flat
    Mode: Extreme
    Lights: On
    Additional details: Decided to ride board backwards (foot sensor in the rear).

Conclusion: Did 6.3 mi. Experienced pushback from dead battery at the end of my ride. Battery was at 1%. Battery lost 1/5 of its normal life. I am not sure if this is due from the coldness or riding with the sensor in the rear or both. Can anyone chime in about that???

• @enjoi408 I've noticed I'm not getting the same range in the cold vs warm weather.

• I just did another test run with the same conditions but riding the sensor forward. Did about 6 miles before the battery died. The cold weather (55F) has an effect on battery life. Is there anything we can do to protect the battery from outside temperatures?

Things to note, ride sensor forward or backwards theres no difference in battery life. But I did notice when I was riding the sensor backwards, the board naturally felt tilted downwards. I think this is because when the sensor is forward there's a slight tilt back so when you accelerate, you'll be leveled when leaning forward. So if you're riding sensor backwards, you might have to drive the nose down a bit further to get it going.