The next level is here

• So so mad.... the look on my sons face when he found out the new one wheel came out just a week after he received one for Christmas.....

Very upset with future motion for not giving me the option to wait.... I will be writing a nasty letter to anyone with power! Corporate executives should know how they disappointed my 13 year old son....

DISAPPOINTED is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

• Why don't you use this opportunity to teach your 13-year-old son a valuable life lesson? You just bought him a $1500 machine that he will get years of joy and life out of, don't teach him to be a crybaby always looking for the next best thing! The onewheel you bought him is fucking awesome. Tell him to get out there and enjoy it, I promise he will. If not you're going to have to have the same conversation with him in three years when you buy him a Camaro and he wants a Porsche.

• @thegreck

Agreed, and hope they continue to offer the older ones.
    Some people may prefer the flat ones.

• This post is deleted!

• A guy name Tony posted this on the Facebook group "Onewheel Owners Group"...

"Spoke to a rep at FM. Here's the deal.

• if you've purchased your board in the last ~ 10 days they will work with you for a solution. (Ie if your board is brand new, they will accept a return)

• for all the owners of version 1 like me, the new pads apparently won't fit on the old board and they don't offer any swap/upgrade option. The rep told me they would work on a longer term solution for us original owners, but it will take a few months for sure. Maybe a software upgrade.

Cheers!"

• @CapoDelToro Pads, as in footpads? So the cool new footpads aren't going to retrofit onto the old boards, huh? Little disappointing.

But how is a software upgrade going to fix a hardware incompatibility? A new shaping option that'll make it "feel" like you have curved footpads?

• @thegreck I think the Software upgrade may have been intended to be a new line item - they mentioned on how the V2 will have more control in terms of software, so that may be what that part is referring to?

Definitely made me re-read the sentence though, software comment immediately following a note regarding how footpads won't match.

• @carefreefamily If my dad had bought me a gift that cost $1,500 when I was 13 years old and I showed disappointment because something better was available, I would suddenly have NO gift.

• I am glad they kept the color blue, turning it black would take away from the limited edition ones that people like myself spent more on from there Kickstarter event. I just purchased the Onewheel+ and honestly I don't see selling my black limited edition one just because it is special to me and I consider it a limited edition one.

• @thegreck said in The next level is here:

@r1alvin I can almost guarantee they will; I don't think they redesigned the main body of the board. And the regular footpads have been out of stock in the store for a while, so I'm pretty sure these will replace them.

Cant wait to see what they come up with. Most of us are willing to pay too. We need to just keep talking about it so they see the demand! I made another thread in the general discussion because these threads are getting clogged up with people whining about wanting a hand me down or refund for their 9 day old purchase.

• I'm bummed its not black. That teaser got my hopes up so high. Lol... Hard to belive they wouldn't just make it black. Who would pick blue over black? Almost no one. Just had to say that... Rant over

• Well I'm in. I may sell my current board, but I have so many friends having fun on mine I won't be in a major hurry.

I'm looking forward to 4mph extra.

I really could use twice the range, but let's chill for now.

In the meantime I have 3 chargers: Home, Work, and the Barhopping Satchel :P

• @MichaelW

LOL, totally man. It got my hopes up for a black and white edition, especially with black footpads. Wood looks like doodoo, but that's just my opinion (I can see why people may like it though).

• @MichaelW Likewise. I was way stoked on it being black but oh well...still in. Watch a SE black board come out in a few months and we are kicking ourselves lol.

• @carefreefamily said in The next level is here:

So so mad.... the look on my sons face when he found out the new one wheel came out just a week after he received one for Christmas.....

Very upset with future motion for not giving me the option to wait.... I will be writing a nasty letter to anyone with power! Corporate executives should know how they disappointed my 13 year old son....

DISAPPOINTED is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

Wow. The world doesn't owe us anything, folks. Count your blessings; I would venture to guess you will not be able to count that high. Sounds like your son has it pretty good my friend!

• I hate to have to explain my 13 year old sons Christmas gift but there is more to the story....

He saved his money since he was 8 years old ... when he turned 13 he begged us to let him use his own money to buy a one wheel ... we said no and talked him into buying an apple computer... that was February....

Fast forward to cyber Monday.... we have 3 sons and they are each given a $500 Christmas limit.... All three thought the one wheel was the shit so they decided to pool their money and each own $500 of the one wheel.... we purchased this one gift for our three boys....

We are not a wealthy family and it was a huge special that we ever concidered such an toy for our boys....

We have one 10 year old vehicle with over 200,000 miles.... this purchase is special to our family and I should not be made to feel like my child is a spoiled brat....

I hate social media for this very reason....

I feel the company should have made us aware that a new model was to be released.... End of Story

• You kind of sound like a whiner. Your kids still got a badass gift.

• @CapoDelToro haha he sounds like someone who would make a social account named "carefreefamily", especially when he clearly is caring. :)

• @MichaelW yeah that teaser photo seemed more sexy than the release photo. Some of it comes down to imagining what you couldn't see. I'm not sure I would pick black though.

• @carefreefamily You hate social media for this very reason. You go on a rant, and people respond. I am not positive this is irony, but it very well may be.

For your sons, who -likely- aren't 230#, the V1 OneWheel will be beyond awesome. Don't allow them to dwell on the "what could have been" of life, that is miserable. Perhaps a teaching moment? Just spitballing here. So when did they open and ride the OneWheel? On Christmas? Maybe the company will help you out inside of their ~10 day~ rule they alluded to.

If they opened rode it after it was delivered from Cyber Monday (I am in same boat), then that's definitely water under the bridge so don't get too wound up. Cyber Monday was $1299--so that was a bit of a deal anyway, right?

I harbor no ill will toward the company not warning of a new release, personally. I bought it when I did, end of story. There is no way they can do that in the modern world of business. Just no way.