The next level is here

• @Zluz the tire looks a bit lower in profile.. look at the placement of the ''vega'' logo compared to the logo on V1 tire..

• @njcustom are you thinking larger hub motor requiring a larger wheel diameter and lower profile tire!?

• @faskev its very well possible ...I was also thinking maybe a more affordable model..

• @njcustom ya larger motor would mean higher top speed but lower profile tire means less shock absorption / smooth ride

• damn, Can't wait

• @faskev I ride with a hard tire anyways.. I feel the tire now is way to bouncy .. I like 17psi or more

• Freaking sweet! Thankfully, the black color scheme looks to be finally here. The all blue frame was just not my thing, so it's nice to see a more slick looking color scheme. They put some racing stripes on it too, ha-ha. Let's hope that signifies some performance increases, whether that be battery life, easily swappable battery capability, higher top speed, lighter, etc.(doesn't have to be all, but at least some changes on a potential V2 OneWheel). The foot pads look to slope upwards, which is a great added feature and wanted by many for good reason. The foot pads will hopefully be black on this edition (and appears to be), as I dislike the bare wood color look they went with on our first gen. OneWheel. Then again, maybe this picture is just black and white, and not in color, ha-ha. Hopefully they add features to their app as well because it's lacking in customizable features and information provided.

If Future Motion were going to go about this in a smart way, they wouldn't try to sell this for more money than the current first gen. With all the new skateboards on the market and new companies jumping into the game, they'll continue to have more competition. Naturally, competition in the market space drives prices down. The OneWheel may not have much direct competition in an identical comparison of an electric skateboard with only one wheel, but more so in the electric skateboard market. People look into purchasing electric skateboards for various reasons like commuting for work, going "green", running errands, for sport, etc. So, it's important they focus on a price point that is continually competitive in the current market, which has evolved since the first gen. was released. I guess we'll see :D.

• Got my fingers crossed that it's longer for us Sasquaches(6'2"+/220+lbs). it would give me a reason to pass on my V1 to the gf and get me a V2!

• I it will be more like a street-carving version of ow. Stiffer and wider wheel. Id love ist.

• @jim thanks!

From the article:

The Onewheel+ builds upon the original model that launched two years ago. The primary improvements are centered around ride comfort, as manufacturer Future Motion has redesigned the motor for a quieter and smoother ride. This new motor also allows the Onewheel+ to reach a top speed of 19 mph — 4 mph faster than the previous version.

Other improvements include better footpads with full sensor coverage, which should make the new board easier to ride. Within the app, riders will have finer control over how the Onewheel+ operates through customizable ride feel and performance settings.

More info in the article of course. Check it out. Thanks @jim!

• Well, it's still blue and it still has wooden foot pads, but at least it has improvements to the sensor area, top speed, motor noise and comfort, curved foot pads, more customizable app, and hopefully some other aspects.

• Not available yet.

• Impressive but not mind-blowing. At least its not more expensive :)

The Onewheel+ builds upon the original model that launched two years ago. The primary improvements are centered around ride comfort, as manufacturer Future Motion has redesigned the motor for a quieter and smoother ride. This new motor also allows the Onewheel+ to reach a top speed of 19 mph — 4 mph faster than the previous version.

Other improvements include better footpads with full sensor coverage, which should make the new board easier to ride. Within the app, riders will have finer control over how the Onewheel+ operates through customizable ride feel and performance settings.

The company says the changes came in response to how customers are using the board. “People are using Onewheel in all kinds of ways we never imagined,” Future Motion CEO Kyle Doerksen said.

The Onewheel+ should be able to handle terrain that the previous model could not. Also with additional customization options, new riders should have a less steep learning curve and advanced riders more control and versatility than they had before.

One area where Onewheel+ is not improving on is the price. The original Onewheel retailed for $1,500 at launch, and so will the new-and-improved model. The good news, however, is that the product is available immediately from the company’s website. Nice find @jim

• Well, that settles it. I'm buying a OneWheel+
    Just a pity that in the Netherlands it costs significantly more that in the USA :(

• Nice. I guess for V1 owners, they should be able to drop in the newer motor.

• Just ordered mine

• This post is deleted!

• Forget dropping in the newer motor.
    Ain't no better time to order a second OW.
    Awesome job FM.