The next level is here

• I see this as an opportunity. As fun as riding by yourself is, it will be nice to be able to invite a friend along for the journey now. And even though they didn't come correct with a removable battery on the +, now I'll have another fully charged battery on deck in my OG onewheel 😂

My birthday is Feb 2nd too. I'll justify this purchase any way I can lol

• autonomy?

• This is my take on it.... The average range of esk8s is now around 10-12 miles. For me, I commute to work every day on my onewheel and these days the cold weather drags my battery down to 3mi a charge. I want to be able to commute to work on the coldest days and be able to ride with the other esk8ers in my community without bailing due to range.
    I'll probably pass on this upgrade and look elsewhere for my 2nd board (evolve gt or Mellow). Hopefully FM will see the need for a swappable battery in the next year or so as more companies roll out great boards with high ranges.

• Ordered it, only because the final price of nearly 2k is just not worth it to me, so I might as well get in on the 25% off now. It's disappointing they didn't address the range...but in theory, wouldn't a more powerful motor increase the range at low to medium speeds? anyway, in the end, they fixed my 3 major complaints about the OW, torque, footpad design, and sensor design, looking forward to starting over with some crazy mods on a fresh board

• @slydogstroh

Take a look at the Metroboard.
    Awesome board.

• Cool upgrade but nothing mind blowing. Having just got my v1 not too long ago this is somewhat of a relief. I predict the foot pads will work on the v1 because they have made the old ones unavailable. I agree a new motor with higher speed will add some excitement but that in itself isn't enough to try to offload my v1 for around $800 and spend another $1000 to upgrade. I'll hold out for a complete re-design in a v2 model. Congrats to the guys who have the cash to jump on the upgrade, be sure to let us know how it is!!!!!

• @No

I don't see anywhere saying the board is 25% off and going up 25% after a certain point. All I see in regards to 25% off is that it comes from the Mafia bag purchase if chosen to do so when the time comes. Where did you read the 25% off the board?

• Interesting that official range of old board is 6-7 miles but new board is only 5-7 miles.

• I don't know if the new footpads will be compatible with the version 1 generation board. I don't see all thr screws in the same spots. Hmm

• @T-CAT It shows it in the email - it's one of the Founding Member perks.

25% off retail value, which is: $1,999 - 25% = ~$1490

• What is the mafia bag anyways?

• I just realized how the breakdown of the sale was going. Now that makes more sense.

• Yeah, it's a bit pricey considering the changes but I suppose I'll have to reserve judgement till I see some reviews/comparisons :P I've been riding mine for only about a month so far but its been winter here so its been working wonderfully in the snow/slush - we'll see how long the board lasts though!

• @faskev the old ones are only sold out, that's only proof for the needed upgrade, not saying discontinued, no offense mate. Could be, looks like the old rails to me...

• So why cant I trade my V1 in towards the cost of a V2?

I feel a bit ripped off, I havent even owned mine for a full year and paid 1.6k for it... then this comes out and im left behind?

I really wish they would take my V1 and give me a V2 for like 300ish extra bucks on top.

• No increased range means no pre-order for me although I am very interested in the new motor and the supposed increase in "smoothness." If that mean less pushback than that could be a real improvement. I won't be buying a + for a while though. Also I assume the new footpads will be usable on the current gen so that will be a nice upgrade for my board. If only we could swap batteries as would take care of the range problem.

• @Seekwence Ultimately because that would be a flawed business model - the money spent into development of whatever is new for this board plus general production cost, they would lose quite a bit of money if they allowed that.

Sucks, yeah - I've had my board for about a month but if I was really concerned about the possibility of a new board being announced within the year, then I would have waited. It's not a huge step up I think, so the current version is still great.

If you're always concerned about being left behind, then the technology world must be a scary place :)

• Youre right, but damn this really blows for me personally. As an investor I feel they should have considered upgrading replaceable parts for all models.

Maybe just pay for an upgrade fee, not a entirely new unit.

• @Seekwence You think you have it bad? At least you get access to a 25% discount on early sales.. In the rest of the world we don't get ANY discounts.. so this wonderful newsletter deal that was sent to me here in the Netherlands is a wonderful middle finger to my wallet...
    If the retail price of the OW+ is going to be higher here than the normal OW, i'm not going to buy..
    It would just be ridiculous..
    Future Motion: why can't we get the same deals here!!
    We would buy!

• Just made a purchase :)