Tire advice.

• @shattle Slime is a must. Just yesterday my Hoosier (w/o slime) was at 0 PSI when I left work. Slimed it, filled it up, A-OK.

• I agree with @shattle slime is something you can't go withought.

• @sonny123 Thanks so much for this description!

It makes me want to try the Hoosier--especially because of the "standing on a ball" part.
    To me, that's saying the hoosier is taking the core idea of the OneWheel to the next level.
    A riding balancing board that moves in all directions, not "just" back and forth.
    It's something I have been envisioning all along.
    Now I'll have to find a hoosier here in Belgium.

But I totally see that the hoosier tire is NOT what you want
    if you just want to go cruising and move from A to B in the most efficient way.
    The OW is not designed for (that kind of) efficiency.

• @SaturnOne

It really comes down to personal preference.
    Rounded shape is more challenging to ride, so it could mean a level up.
    To me, carving on Onewheel is not like skateboard.
    It's all in body motion and the flat shaped is more than enough.
    But I could see how more aggressive riders would enjoy rounded shape even more.

• @sonny123 i cannot imagine struggling to stay upright at a light because my tire had a more rounded profile. one of the reasons i abandoned my electric unicycle PHASE OF LIFE. the "relatively" flat aspect of the tire is PERFECT for MY TASTE.... FWIW

• @spalding12 Agreed. Even after riding daily for nearly a year and a half, I STILL struggle to stay balanced while waiting at a light or especially at stop signs when I have to look back and forth to check traffic while I'm stopped. It throws off my balance enough with a flat wheel, I also can't imagine trying to do that "balanced on a ball."

• Guys do you know what the details are of the original Vega slick? As in model number, etc? Cheers

• This post is deleted!

• @thegreck said in Tire advice.:

@spalding12 Agreed. Even after riding daily for nearly a year and a half, I STILL struggle to stay balanced while waiting at a light or especially at stop signs when I have to look back and forth to check traffic while I'm stopped. It throws off my balance enough with a flat wheel, I also can't imagine trying to do that "balanced on a ball."

@thegreck Just dont stop, I go in circles or rock front to back. No reason to stop.. Lol

• @Jimmers75 very hard to get in the uk as it's a size that's not used in the uk. I have one ordered by good friend in the US and another friend is picking it up in US and bringing home

• @thehoff Same in Belgium. I get mine from Finland, the guys who also sell fenders. Tried to get in touch with the Vega company in Italy but did not get response.

• As of today, I have 1143 miles on my tread Hoosier. It will stay my tire of preference unless something better comes along. I am getting closer to the slick part of the tire at the edges from carving but I see no reason why this won't get 1500 miles on it.

• @Earthpilot 1143 miles on same tire? That's crazy! I'm guessing you typically ride off-road? Thus far I've got 700 miles and 500 miles out of my first two Vega tires.. Virtually exclusively in urban environment on paved roads..