Cool mods or must haves for OW

• @DavidJohn what is this magic! Thats crazy... How much did a local service cost?

• @braswell Saw this DIY come up when I watched the video, if you wanted to try it at home. Looks like a huge pain, BTW:
    https://youtu.be/1l8A4yEyuA8

• @braswell said in Cool mods or must haves for OW:

@DavidJohn what is this magic! Thats crazy... How much did a local service cost?

It cost $100 AUS which is about $80 US dollars.

I thought that was reasonable concidering the prepping.. priming.. basecoating.. dip printing.. and with a two pack clear on top..

There's heaps of very cool prints to choose from.

• @DavidJohn

Worth it being professionally done.

• @DavidJohn for sure worth it. I wouldn't want to even attempt that haha. Nice job!

• @PumpkinKing I would say number one mod/first thing to invest in would be a @njcustom fender. It is night and day riding with one on compared to not. Plus his fenders are only slightly more expensive than FM's fender. njcustoms look way better and the chances of it breaking are slim to none. I can't personally vouch for the integrity of fm fender but carbon fiber that is detachable will always win against a fixed plastic fender.

• I have the FM Fender and it has survived lots of skidding and even getting stuck under a car. Doesn't show damage and is pretty resilient.

• I'm agree ...and really the only time you would want to take of the fender is at home so you don't have to carry it...so i don't see why you would want it to be magnetic...able to fly off.....anybody can unscrew 4 screws right??..

• @timvdp well, Most importantly it can be removed with no tools if something gets caught.. everyone has their own taste but the functionality of the magnetic fender is great.. I don't always use it because i like looking at the wheel.. I keep my onewheel in doors too, not with my tools . Sometimes I wake up and it's wet out.. if I ride my local park it's a must too because there's always geese droppings.. I also sell a bolt on model with finger screws so again you won't need tools.. not trying to brag but I think my fenders are far more superior to the future motion version..

• @njcustom said in Cool mods or must haves for OW:

@timvdp well, Most importantly it can be removed with no tools if something gets caught.. everyone has their own taste but the functionality of the magnetic fender is great.. I don't always use it because i like looking at the wheel.. I keep my onewheel in doors too, not with my tools . Sometimes I wake up and it's wet out.. if I ride my local park it's a must too because there's always geese droppings.. I also sell a bolt on model with finger screws so again you won't need tools.. not trying to brag but I think my fenders are far more superior to the future motion version..

if you say so....;)....I have never taken the fender off...no hastle...no worries..
    they do look better..I'll give you that!;):)...and props for making it in the first place!:)

• @timvdp my biggest issue is small rocks.. they get stuck in between the tire and deck.. my area is very sandy and rocky..

• i was impatiant so I made a frankenstein prototype( I had a spare set ...saving that one!!;);)....and it works :):)...from the sensor area to the outsidecorners...next to wheel is the safe area LOL...also using the original screwplaces...so could be non destructive...lift up 1 side of the tape...insert the 2 ramps...put the tape back...ready to go....:):):)?!?!?!?!?!

I used 2 sepperate ramp pieces...didn't have long enough screws so had to use these things and 2 rubbers...
    I kept a part of the original sensor coveringtape because I was worried about the wood spacers direct contact on the shiny sensor...so kept the tape on the sensor and put the spacers on top....and the 2 ramps on top of that so for now it is a bit higher then necessary...the gaps are bigger now but can be held shut without triggering the sensor...

if I step on it..i can keep my toes on the outer corner and still powered...weight to my heel instead of toes..works to stop..next to wheel stops...but the far corners will trigger so..:)..also because of the grip tape I think
    step1.
    0_1486955166337_Sketch120214553.jpg
    step2
    0_1486955176618_20170213_012855.jpg
    step3.
    0_1486955187817_20170213_031440.jpg
    0_1486955231448_20170213_031336.jpg
    for now it works...snowy outside ..and still crapy prototype...but...:)...
    hope you enjoyed and hope to inspire...

and would really prefer thin sensor sheets haha or something so hope that works for someone...please share :):)

(I only had a livingroom and a dremel&sandpaper to work with so I know...it looks crappy:):).

• 0_1487018452151_20170213_205406.jpg
    0_1487018484730_20170213_205518.jpg
    0_1487018541256_20170213_205500.jpg

had a new idea..it worked and now ..kinda...finished..check my frankenpads post for DIY instructions !:)

• Keep those posts coming guys! Great info in here and thanks to everyone for contributing!
    I'm definitely gonna be getting that fender here pretty soon. Gotta wait for the income tax to come in so I can splurge lol

• @timvdp that looks really well done, how does it feel to ride? and are those black knobs there as foot-stops?

• @No
    can't do much outside riding now because of the weather
    feels like the most of the pad activates.......but I have big feet haha..the screws: Because I went higher I needed longer screws and these black ones was all I could find...but during testing it was handy aswell for taking on and of again...~and as you said could function as a foot stop~
    maybe you could fit a piece in between the 2 screws as a stop aswell...I'm gonna get smaller screws for a clean look...same as original but a bit longer

(when screwing down be carefull of the original screwhead cavity in the footpad if you are gonna sink the holes in the ramp!;)
    ..maybe fill up?..)

• I would really like some side bumpers. I hate to beat the sides up when you have a weird dismount or worse, a wreck. I just may try my hand at designing some. I have a couple 3D printers. better yet if anyone has an .STL file for such a print I would sure try it out.

• I have quite a bit of experience with putting this kind of protective film on, so when my plus arrives I am going to see how this works:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VG6QYS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A10111992WJRYRFBZH9IS

I think I could wrap the rails pretty easily and even remove the foot pads to get a clean wrap under them on the rail too.

• @RandomNate This stuff - ISC Helicopter-OG Surface Guard Tape (8 mil Outdoor Grade): 4 in. x 12 ft. (Transparent) was recommended to me by a friend with a very low car. He put it on the front valance area to protect the paint when he goes up the transition of a drive way and it scrapes. He says it is strong enough to survive that. I know that most of that 3m clear armour can't take that kind of abuse. Someone else here also mentioned it in the past.