Foot fatigue, related to board size... thoughts...

• @zachmu said in Foot fatigue, related to board size... thoughts...:

it went away over time

How long did it take for it to go away? I'm asking for a friend, jk it is for me. I get that foot pain too.

• @braswell

I buy a size larger for the insole to fit comfortably.

• @zachmu said in Foot fatigue, related to board size... thoughts...:

I used to get pretty bad foot fatigue / cramping while riding, but it went away over time. You just need to train up all the little muscles in your foot you're not used to using.

I think the flat footpad needs changing. Maybe making convex for barefoot riding and concave for shoed riders.

Not really difficult to observe but arch support is important.

I have a feeling that a gel pad sensor would be good.

• Shoes are a big deal, but that has been heavily discussed a very long thread. I also recomend Dr. Shoells Gel insoles. I have a muscle fatigue condition so i have to battle it no matter what. Springblade Shoes by addidas are actually the best for A variety of reasons they take the impact out of the board. And especially when you are hitting really ruff terrain like Tree roots. If you let your lower legs loose and balance from your hips and so up you can let the board really wobble dramatically and violently without losing control. And Taking as much of the violence out of your joints and stuff, at least for my old ass, is a good thing :) if you search or hit up my you tube you can see me ride with the springblades and see how they perform..

Also, Take potassium or magnesium citrate.

• I think the more you ride, the less foot fatigue you get.
    Last Summer when I was riding 3-4 times a day,
    I could do a whole charge with no break, and I was wearing sockless boat shoes. Those felt great and more connected with their thin sole.
    Come the cold weather, and I'll have to break couple times on a single charge.
    I'm sure finding the right shoes help as well though.

• It's a problem even for Standup Paddling. New paddlers tense up and don't move their feet and they go numb. The trick is to move your feet and wiggle your toes. My back foot definitely goes numb after riding for 30 minutes or so on the OW. I'm sure it's the same thing. But who can relax with this awesome ride...

• i had the same problem try griptape with a foam layer on the bottom it's normally meant for riding barefoot but it helps alot with foot fatigue

• @braswell that sounds like you crushed your arches a bit from pounding a foot (or feet) on the ground. I did that in an unrelated activity. If you buy some expensive arch supports it will go away after a while as the arch heels

• Advil boys, Advil

• @donny-h I also have flat feet. So by nature I'm flawed lol

• @sonny123 update I've been wearing those inserts since 2 days after you recommended. Haven't really felt much of a difference, is this something that takes a month or so to feel?

The first day or so I felt the shape of the built in arch however now it just feels like a flat insert. Much like the others I've bought in the past.

• @braswell

Yes, allow it some time.
    It did help me, but I think eventually it just healed on its own.

• @Aaron-Broward-FL
    Riding OG version. Most of my foot fatigue is in my front foot from constantly leaning slightly forward. Haven't done any pad mods but I've found foot fatigue is significantly reduced with arch supports in my shoes, foot position, carving, alternating between regular and goofy, and squatting on heel-side turns. Arch supports keep my foot from flattening out and keep my weight on the heel and ball of my foot. I ride with my front foot at 45ish degrees. My big-ass feet still cover the pressure sensors. This allows my foot position to help stabilize my balance; not just relying on ankle strength. Carving alternates the load between ankle flexors and extensors, giving each muscle group a bit of a reprieve. Switching between std and goofy is self explanatory. Squatting on heel side turns/carves shifts some of the workload to my glutes and hammies. I also ride an electric longboard and I've found that the concave shaping of the board does help slightly in that I can ride for a bit longer without having to take a break. The concave shaping also really helps with stability and foot grip while riding across sloping terrrain.

• For me, Assuming I have decent shoes...
    I feel foot comfort has to do with being relaxed. If I am tensing me feet to try and grip the board I will only be able to ride comfortably until the various muscles in my foot get tired.

If I keep my body relaxed and in alignment I will have my full body weight pressing my feet onto the board and won't need to grip and use foot muscles as much or at all. I can relax my feet and let them melt into the board.

That being said I think the decks should be wide enough to support the majority of the heel and balls of the feet/toes. I'm size 11US and don't have problems but if you are perhaps size 13-15+ the decks may be too narrow to allow your foot to properly connect without feeling the need to try and grab the board with your feet.

• Time and a good pair of sneakers will fix that.. I use Foamposite Nikes with memory foam insole.. couldn't be better ..

• Just tried some Vans shoes for the first time, and they gave me epic foot fatigue. Great grip though.

My feet are wide, and I think the biggest factor for me is being able to fan/stretch my toes out (yoga style).

The shoes that work best for me are old school skateboard sneakers with the giant tongue.

• @PowerWheel5000 Nike SB dunk low's are legit that way.

• Orthofeeet shoes Recommended by a close friend who has used your product for years with immediate relief. I hope I am able to say the same when I start using them. My foot pain is becoming unbearable. Shopping experience was effortless. Shopping & placing order was easy. Will be waiting to see the quality of product ordered. I have a very small foot, size ladies 4, some size 5's fit if they run small/narrow, which is hard to find. I have high arches & have to have good support shoes. Hoping these orthotic arches will help in my sandals

• @powerwheel5000 Yeah I tried to wear skateboard shoes for awhile when I got my first onewheel as this seems logically like the best shoe. HOWEVER, I have found that shoes with a heel ride infinitely better than zero heel shoes like normal skateboard shoes.