Onewheel vs dogs

• if you just turn your board on and put your ear up to it you can barley hear a high pitched sound coming out of the motor this is probably what the dogs are reacting too

• @jew_fro_1009 said in Onewheel vs dogs:

if you just turn your board on and put your ear up to it you can barley hear a high pitched sound coming out of the motor this is probably what the dogs are reacting too

We need ....SCIENCE!

I'll try to find a mic capable of capturing up to the 20 kHz range and see how noisy the V1 is started and in motion.

• @jefflynn I slow down enough to put the owner at ease (and make friendly eye contact), and usually if the owner is at ease then the dog is too.

• @tony420121 A timeless thread, dog attacks Onewheel rider. It happened yesterday, February 25, 2020 on a rural road in Northeast Ohio. The dog was loose, the owner putting out his tote for trash pick-up. I waved and said, "Hi." The owner gave me a genial, "Hi. How you doing?" And I heard the dog bark. Then barking very excitedly. In my rear view mirror (Take-a-Look bicycle eyeglasses clip-on) here comes the dog as fast and intent as its legs could carry it -- and gaining on me. That surprised me. Fumbling in my coat pocket I pulled out my "HALT!" dog repellant. In the couple seconds it took to find it and get my finger on the nozzle button I could feel the dog repeatedly nipping at my pant leg. Down and back I sprayed a couple times. Not sure what to expect, here is what happened: No howl, no whine, no bark of surprise -- just a cessation of chase. The dog stopped, moved its head like trying to get away from an annoying fly, and walked away. Glad I was to have had the spray in my pocket, and that it worked well even after a year in there. Later I passed by again, this time with the dog repellant at the ready in my hand -- but all I got was a single bark from a safe distance away. I had picked up the "HALT!" dog repellant at a bike shop, and they said it was the same one that the mail carriers use -- for me on this occasion it worked great!