Onewheel+ at speed: a word of caution.

• tell me if you can

• Like I said though not saying people are lying but in the year and a half I have been reading/been on this forum no one that claims those speeds has produced a video

• @ahxe45 I've been riding a year with two boards, 2000 miles, and found it impossible to go much past 18mph. Yet everyone and their mother claims they've gone 23+ yet can't produce proof. I simply would like someone to back up their boast with some irrefutable video evidence. Fabuz's death ride is the only convincing clip I've seen of serious 20+ speed (with frightening launch).

• what is the application OW
    to detect the distance and speed
    where is the problem
    I not often go out with camera and radarπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @tony-at-83 Looked for you at the white dot but couldn't find you. Radar near my house agrees with the official app speed shown on my phone. I can't explain people's screenshots. I'll continue to look forward to some screaming 25mph OneWheeler video.

• I think the best way is to use the app Vidometer which records video whilst overlaying gps speed. The guy who made boosted board speed hack used it to verify 25mph

• or:...
    for speed
    buy a boosted board!:) (go downhill & just to be safe, instruct your family to post the vids on the forum)
    for fun
    try to embrace to safety functions of the onewheel and try to think of them not as levels to be unlocked but as safety nets made by the creators who were thinking of ways NOT to KIll you and keep you "CARVING"....(not racing)!?;);););)

• pushback is not a brake...it is a balancing mechanism...
    trying to break the speed record on 1 wheel, will get you hurt...
    but
    do your thing and share the vids ;)

• @dcosmos I would shoot a video showing me going 25+ on my V1 but I sold it. Perhaps I can borrow one from someone in the PDX area? I have screenshots of the app, but I know those could potentially be doctored. When I get my plus on Friday I plan on seeing how fast I can get it going.

There's really no trick to it, just find a mild hill with extremely smooth pavement and no cross-traffic concerns. Slowly ease your way up to speed going downhill. Once you get past about 18 you have to start putting more focus into balancing since the motor will no longer be able to do 100% of that for you (which is why some people have issues with nosediving at higher speed). When you want to slow down just lean back really slowly and bleed off speed. The reason this works is that while the Onewheel's motor alone is not capable of exceeding something like 18 mph you can use gravity to carry you way past that point and let the Onewheel just help with the balance. The first day I tried that I got up to around 23mph and the second day I got to 26.4mph (which is my top speed). I could probably go higher but I'd need to find a longer stretch of road, and there isn't much point since at the time the leaderboard was rejecting speeds that high (FM said they are working on fixing this).

No conspiracy. Try it yourself at your own risk.

• @timvdp See my reply about getting to high speeds. You don't actually need to "push through" the pushback. All top speeds people are getting with Onewheels are going downhill, where all you do is keep the board level and you'll speed up.

• @trappar said in Onewheel+ at speed: a word of caution.:

@timvdp See my reply about getting to high speeds. You don't actually need to "push through" the pushback. All top speeds people are getting with Onewheels are going downhill, where all you do is keep the board level and you'll speed up.

I'm not brave enough anymore...comes with age&injury!...;);)

• @timvdp No worries about that! You're doing what's smart for you. I'm just trying to explain how it can be done with some degree of safety. I think there's a lot of misconceptions in here about how exactly people are getting these high speeds...

• That's why I said flat ground in my post. Hills are a way to cheat it.

• @mysticasphalt Hey, Mysitca Newb assmonger.... talk to me when you have been here for like more than an hour ok.... do you even have a one wheel? Or are you waiting for your plus to arrive.... I'm looking out for the group. Enjoy eating asphalt and your subsequent trip to the ER.

No f-in respect for the people that paved the way and learned the hard way how NOT to use your onewheel...

• @trappar Finally, an explanation I can believe. I have a smooth hill nearby, unfortunately just past a radar sign, but I did find hitting 18 was very easy. Once I'm ridiculously outfitted with safety gear, I'll test the limit of my V1 this summer. Until I experience it myself, 25mph is like a ghost story. I'd like to believe it's true but I can't find conclusive proof.

• then this video is authentic enough?

• I just try to share my experience
    there is no money to be won
    It serves no doubt

• @tony-at-83 Don't you have a friend or family member who can shoot a video (preferably horizontal) of you actually riding that fast? Those speeds can be faked on the app by propping one end of the board on a chair, putting your hand on the sensors, and slowly lifting the other end of the board until the wheel is spinning 50mph. So watching a vertical video of you using your iPhone doesn't cut it, we want to see you actually riding that fast.

[EDIT] Even those of us who believe you would like to see it on video.