Onewheel+ at speed: a word of caution.

• @timvdp only reason people want proof is that there have been people that come on here and not in this post but others that brag about how fast they can go and they are on top of the leaderboards and when asked for proof they disappear. That is all anyone has asked to see for over a year now and no one has done it yet.

• Wow, Onewheel+ verbal carnage thread. I will just say this, let's enjoy our boards and also that we are part of a small part of society who will even attempt to make it part of their lifestyle. Reel it in guys, we are a tribe.

No weighted board on a treadmill here, I just ride a lot... Ride on, One life, One way, Onewheel...

• @ahxe45 it's like anything else. The more effort someone's expending to convince us how fast they are, the less it's true. Anyone who's truly an advanced rider a) knows OW'ing isn't about super max speeds (which can only be safely maintained for brief spurts), b) is out riding and letting their riding speak for itself; and c) isn't on this forum telling us how fast they are. This community is open to all, and in my opinion being authentic is the best way to participate. There's a leader board for those who want to track top speed, top mileage, etc., plus we all know top speeds can be gamed. I know 2 riders in particular who are super fast, faster than me even on my own boards, and I'm no slow poke. None of us are on this forum telling war stories, in fact the better the rider, the more humble they typically are.

• @Earthpilot @groovyruvy I couldn't agree with both of you more. I know from my experience that I can cruise comfortably around 17-18mph once I get on the higher end of 18mph it no longer is fun for me because I am constantly waiting to eat it. I used to try and see how far I could push the board and that is when I hit the 23mph and like you said it was for a short burst of maybe 2-3 seconds and it was really not that fun haha. I rarely ride on the street anymore and when I do I don't usually go above 15mph because I carve a lot.

• @ahxe45 I carve a lot too and what you just said is so true.

• @Earthpilot said in Onewheel+ at speed: a word of caution.:

Wow, Onewheel+ verbal carnage thread.

So true!
    They're killing mE :) :) :)
    That is da "french touch" lOl
    P.S: Everybody knows that I'am the faster!

• @fabuz said in Onewheel+ at speed: a word of caution.:

@Earthpilot said in Onewheel+ at speed: a word of caution.:

Wow, Onewheel+ verbal carnage thread.

So true!
    They're killing mE :) :) :)
    That is da "french touch" lOl
    P.S: Everybody knows that I'am the faster!

Oh no!!
    Don't mention anything about speed or wanting to go fast, captain save a bro my be lurking, lol!!

• @fabuz Lol, Mais Oui! J'ai aimé Paris. I am using the translator for this even though I took several years of French. I think my hot teachers distracted me ;)

• Looking more and more like FM wants to limit the OW+ to 23.25 MPH!

0_1492271413382_Screenshot_20170414-174024.png

• Yeahhhh... and they are doing it in a really stupid way. I got mine yesterday and gave it a try. I now see what other people are talking about with the pushback profiling. The faster you go the more it leans you back, which makes you increasingly unstable at higher speeds because you're compensating for a more awkward stance. It also means you can't slow down as quickly since the tail of the board is closer to the ground.

I tried a couple times to get above 23, and every time I got crazy speed wobbles due to the super awkward body position.

• I found I can go faster on gravel, probably because it gives me more confidence... Ive fallen at 17+ on asphalt and 2 months later I still have a big ol scrape and ive fallen probably 20+ on gravel and gotten a few bumps and bruises but i feel like gravel helps me go faster and stay stable.. It also helps when your tring to race somebody on a golfcart...

• 0_1492293502885_Screenshot_2017-04-15-17-45-48.png

Anybody else encounter this where I hit 22.7 mph and I am not showing on the leaderboard? I have been trying to get past 23mph since the conversation the other day on this thread. Still havent done it/ don't think I will but I was just curious if anyone else ever had this happen. I am on an android device by the way if that makes a difference because the updated app is not technically out for android yet. Another thing to note that I thought was interesting was I have had a board for over a year and just picked this one up the other day and the new one seems a little bit quicker and able to cruise around 19-20mph and my older board I can only cruise around 17-18 mph comfortably.

• @trappar if you got your plus on Friday then you've probably discovered that it's not as easy as finding a hill. A more powerful motor means it can push back pretty hard, even downhill. Am I right? I skimmed too​ quickly and missed that you'd already answered my question. Sorry about that.

• @ahxe45 yep, leaderboard top speed is capped at 22.24 MPH for the OG Onewheel.

• I think Future Motion should not limit the leader board because doing so makes everyone striving for top speeds try harder to try and crack this issue and we are going to have an "I tried to push past 22.7 mph on the app and ended up over speeding and now I am off my board while I recover from my injuries thread."

The boards do what they do. Let people get the speeds they have ridden and I think some injuries will be prevented.

Go ahead and freeze my mileage or reset my board and I won't be happy either.

I enjoy riding and recording my mileage.

Please take the governor off the top speeds.

• Finally got the plus. The speed was good. The ride was smooth. Pushback was early but I think because of how smooth it is now. Next step learn the limit. My top on v1 was 25.1 on onewheel buddy app Then my battery module went out I sent it in got it fixed once I got it back I could never get my boarding pass 20 and they reset the Leader board And the plus I only got to 20.4. Im 160lbs rider

• @snwbrdwndsrf so how do they even decide who is ranked #1? it looks like the list is alphabetical but if people are hitting above 22.24 do they default the speed to 22.24 or do you have to hit that exact speed to make it on the list? Since I posted that screenshot I have hit over 22.24 a couple of times and still nothing even after resetting my top speed. I know you probably don't know the answer but just putting it out there in case anyone does.

• @ahxe45 looks alphabetical to me too.

• 0_1493723641666_image.png Sorry that the application is blocked !!!

• @tony-at-83 yep, it's sad. Nice top speed!