Hold onto your v1 (have a plus)

• @ahxe45 I wasn't able to do a quick low speed dips like my v1, but I'll have another chance to test later today and say for sure. From what I remember the plus felt more like a cruise ship, compared to a cigarette boat or jet ski. The board stays amazingly level, making it feel nice and solid. I can't wait for my mom to try the plus as it's probably a better ride for her.

• @PowerWheel5000 said in Hold onto your v1 (have a plus):

@ahxe45 I wasn't able to do a quick low speed dips like my v1, but I'll have another chance to test later today and say for sure. From what I remember the plus felt more like a cruise ship, compared to a cigarette boat or jet ski. The board stays amazingly level, making it feel nice and solid. I can't wait for my mom to try the plus as it's probably a better ride for her.

Sadist...
    secretly trying to hurt your mom, Ej!!
    I will never let my mom on the onewheel
    older women and boardsports don't mix!! LOL

• @timvdp my mother introduced me to boardsports. We love to snowboard

• Haha the latest email blast - "Rule the City with +" But avoid cobblestones..

• For what it's worth, here are the responses I got from OWHQ.. Their quality of customer service has gotten to point where it feels automated. They never admit the plus has any problem with cobblestones.

We have successfully received your board and it has completed its evaluation. After evaluation the Onewheel+ is performing within specifications. Keep in mind the plus is whole new riding experience compared to the original Onewheel. Our test rider and lead repair tech both understand what you are describing in your initial description and shared their tips on riding with the new plus motor below.
    "The board can attempt to overcompensate when it loses contact going over small bumps with the wrong ride posture. To keep control of the board it is better to have a forward lean when going over the bump by either decelerating prior to the bump and accelerating over it, or keeping a forward shifted posture at speed going over the board. It takes a little practice to get a feel for, it but it is just like learning how to master a new ride"

How do you recommend riding cobblestones? The plus simply cannot handle them.

I ride around soho every day promoting your brand, but since my experience with the plus I have had to advise anyone who asks not to pre-order the plus and just get an original.

Thank you so much for the follow up question. We recommend riding at a constant speed and keeping your weight forward over the front food.
    If the cobblestones are fairly large, it may be best to slow down your speed. Can you tell us roughly the size?

To which I replied please just google nyc soho cobblestones.

Thanks for the follow up, after checking out some photos it does appear the cobblestones are roughly the same size, and it may be best to ride at a constant speed. It does sound like your board's limiter may have been pushed and overexerted, causing a tail bump on the floor when you felt the sensation of your motor "cutting out". Do you recall what speed you were traveling when this occurred?

At that point I asked for a refund and haven't heard back since.

Except for the mailer about how the + rules the city.. haha I wonder if this has anything to do with the original no longer being for sale today.

• @PowerWheel5000 not sure why your + has issues on cobblestones. I googled 'Soho cobblestones' and while I've not ridden on anything exactly like them, I have ridden something similar for a shorter distance and just flew right over them without issue. Maybe because the + is programmed differently than the original? On the + when the wheel loses contact the motor spins the tire super-fast, maybe that's contributing to the tail drag? Or maybe just lean back a little and take some of the weight off the nose (but still keep pressure on the front pad)?

• @PowerWheel5000 said in Hold onto your v1 (have a plus):

@timvdp my mother introduced me to boardsports. We love to snowboard

my moms 64 and allready broke her ankle 2 years ago ;)

• @timvdp sorry to hear that, hopefully she was doing something epic at the time

@groovyruvy I'm sure you are right along with the others who have suggested what is actually going on. The motor is not cutting out, but rather spinning up and causing the tail to slam down.

Was this same problem ever an issue wth the v1 that was eventually corrected by a firmware update? Unfortunately I fear the plus is only suitable for smooth conditions, contrary to some of the marketing videos

• getting something from on top of the fridge..twisted her foot 180degrees:(:(:(...so no onewheels for mom thank you very much!

• Had success with cobbles on the plus today, although I was not pushing it. Great ride for sure, overall more pleasant than v1.

The added speed and stability make it a safer board for street riding.

The tail does drop on bumps (not all of the time I'm still figuring this beast out). For the moment I will save riding like a madman for the v1 rides.

• @Corlux said in Hold onto your v1 (have a plus):

or same routes my V1 would always get 7 miles.
    ** Edit ** i've gotten a few rides with 6.4 miles, but most are 4.9 or 5 miles.

Same here although I don't have a v1 the mileage is always just under 5 if I ride it how I want.

• Back on my v1 today, it's just too much fun to push it!!!!

22.73 viva la v1

• Well I'm excited to try a onewheel for the first time this week. My plus ships out tomorrow finally (851#) and should arrive on Wednesday. I've never skateboarded or snowboarded before so I have no clue what to expect. I've never tried the v1 either but because of this thread and the fact that FM isn't selling them now I bought a v1 last night too on a third party website before their all gone. Not thrilled about the double cost but hopefully having both will cover all my bases and give me a second one for my wife or son to ride with me and allow for me to do some fun things when I get the hang of it on either version. Crossing my fingers I don't biff it too bad learning to get the hang of it! I have all my pads and helmet ready to go. :)

• I used my v1 for trails and dunes mostly. It did an amazing job at this! Today I took my plus to the dunes and it does not have the aggression to move forward. Just get stuck there is not power! For me the plus feels like an Mercedes S class super smooth but the v1 is more fun (because it's a challenge)

V1 = off-road
    V2 = street

• @John-John

In other words, the V1 is a mule.

• @sonny123

Haha yes, fell asleep 3 times on the plus 😂

• @John-John

Yep, it's what I call it.
    It plows through like nothing else..

• @Bcmang Cool! Take your time to adjust. I've been riding one year and a half, and been enjoying it from the very beginning. There's no need to go fast or do acrobatic things to have loads of fun from the very beginning. Just be gentle to the board and to yourself. Enjoy!!

• v1 still carves way better than the plus. More fun for me. Could this have anything to do with tire wear? I really hope delirium can make the plus ride like a v1.

My plus took an intense nosedive at mid speed ~ 15mph ~ ramping up to full speed while nose on the ground. On the v1 this is no problem because you are expecting it and can hear it. When this SUV of a hoverboard piledrives forward -- it is just plain scary. I couldn't muscle out of it like I can with a v1 nosedive.

Maybe the footpads are more comfortable, but to me they feel clunky and cheap -- like made of plastic or something. Getting back on the v1 from a plus feels super solid. Especially when going over bumps. I doubt this feeling will ever change with software updates.

• I have ridden the plus for almost 2 months, and I love it. Personally, the feel of the new smoother ride and speed justifies the upgrade. I ride both and still love my v1 for many of the reasons mentioned, but I couldn't go back to owning just a v1 after riding a plus. I commute to school daily which includes cobblestone/pavement. I also ride sans Bluetooth and have never encountered any drop tails or freewheeling.