Hold onto your v1 (have a plus)

• @Corlux said in Hold onto your v1 (have a plus):

or same routes my V1 would always get 7 miles.
    ** Edit ** i've gotten a few rides with 6.4 miles, but most are 4.9 or 5 miles.

Same here although I don't have a v1 the mileage is always just under 5 if I ride it how I want.

• Back on my v1 today, it's just too much fun to push it!!!!

22.73 viva la v1

• Well I'm excited to try a onewheel for the first time this week. My plus ships out tomorrow finally (851#) and should arrive on Wednesday. I've never skateboarded or snowboarded before so I have no clue what to expect. I've never tried the v1 either but because of this thread and the fact that FM isn't selling them now I bought a v1 last night too on a third party website before their all gone. Not thrilled about the double cost but hopefully having both will cover all my bases and give me a second one for my wife or son to ride with me and allow for me to do some fun things when I get the hang of it on either version. Crossing my fingers I don't biff it too bad learning to get the hang of it! I have all my pads and helmet ready to go. :)

• I used my v1 for trails and dunes mostly. It did an amazing job at this! Today I took my plus to the dunes and it does not have the aggression to move forward. Just get stuck there is not power! For me the plus feels like an Mercedes S class super smooth but the v1 is more fun (because it's a challenge)

V1 = off-road
    V2 = street

• @John-John

In other words, the V1 is a mule.

• @sonny123

Haha yes, fell asleep 3 times on the plus 😂

• @John-John

Yep, it's what I call it.
    It plows through like nothing else..

• @Bcmang Cool! Take your time to adjust. I've been riding one year and a half, and been enjoying it from the very beginning. There's no need to go fast or do acrobatic things to have loads of fun from the very beginning. Just be gentle to the board and to yourself. Enjoy!!

• v1 still carves way better than the plus. More fun for me. Could this have anything to do with tire wear? I really hope delirium can make the plus ride like a v1.

My plus took an intense nosedive at mid speed ~ 15mph ~ ramping up to full speed while nose on the ground. On the v1 this is no problem because you are expecting it and can hear it. When this SUV of a hoverboard piledrives forward -- it is just plain scary. I couldn't muscle out of it like I can with a v1 nosedive.

Maybe the footpads are more comfortable, but to me they feel clunky and cheap -- like made of plastic or something. Getting back on the v1 from a plus feels super solid. Especially when going over bumps. I doubt this feeling will ever change with software updates.

• I have ridden the plus for almost 2 months, and I love it. Personally, the feel of the new smoother ride and speed justifies the upgrade. I ride both and still love my v1 for many of the reasons mentioned, but I couldn't go back to owning just a v1 after riding a plus. I commute to school daily which includes cobblestone/pavement. I also ride sans Bluetooth and have never encountered any drop tails or freewheeling.

• @PowerWheel5000 said in Hold onto your v1 (have a plus):

@timvdp sorry to hear that, hopefully she was doing something epic at the time

@groovyruvy I'm sure you are right along with the others who have suggested what is actually going on. The motor is not cutting out, but rather spinning up and causing the tail to slam down.

Was this same problem ever an issue wth the v1 that was eventually corrected by a firmware update? Unfortunately I fear the plus is only suitable for smooth conditions, contrary to some of the marketing videos

I was planing on getting the V2 since I love my V1 so much,I don't rely ride on the road, I mainly ride my OW on the beach it can be bumpy at time with foot print etc.
    After reading your comment I'm having second though!
    What should I do?
    Steeve

• @steeve as an owner of both the original and plus, I'd say get the plus. I do a fair bit of offroading and I feel the plus destroys it no issues.

• @steeve I haven't tried the plus on the beach, but have heard mixed reviews and I won't speculate.

If you truly love the v1, as much as I do, we owe it to FM to support their new generation of onewheel. While my plus is literally collecting dust, I hope a firmware upgrade will help with the issues I've experienced.

I was in the market for a second onewheel, which is why I picked up the plus, but now I am in the market for a second v1 in case my original has issues.

• @PowerWheel5000 said in Hold onto your v1 (have a plus):

@steeve I haven't tried the plus on the beach, but have heard mixed reviews and I won't speculate.

If you truly love the v1, as much as I do, we owe it to FM to support their new generation of onewheel. While my plus is literally collecting dust, I hope a firmware upgrade will help with the issues I've experienced.

I was in the market for a second onewheel, which is why I picked up the plus, but now I am in the market for a second v1 in case my original has issues.

Thank's for your respond,I buy another V1 so I have a back up in case of issues before they are all sold out I got a good deal also,love the V1.

• This post is deleted!

• @PowerWheel5000 I'll trade my V1 for your V2!

• Thanks @shattle - I'm keeping it as I have the extra year of warrantee from pre-ordering. Onewheel is one of my favorite things in life right now, curious to see what happens with software/firmware updates

• Third run on the + today.
    I'd only go back to V1 if the + is grounded or being serviced.
    FM hit the ball out off the park.
    Hope whatever minor issues we're reading about will be resolved soon.

• @sonny123 you got one!! Really glad to hear it's been good so far.

Riding around prospect park today was amazing, bombed some huge hills and discovered some trails. Haven't gotten to do much off-roading before today, it was awesome!

• @PowerWheel5000

The main difference for me is that I mostly cruise at around 10-12 mph and often have to deal with nagging pushback.
    None of that on the +. It just cruises as you go.
    App. showed top speed of 15 mph and I'm not even speeding.