Unusual questions asked by random strangers

• @1woman1wheel Eyes on the road! ;)

• @1woman1wheel said in Unusual questions asked by random strangers:

Some kids pulled up alongside me and shouted out the window of their car, "I could catch so many Pokemon on that thing! What is it???"

That's EXACTLY what I was using it for at the time, too 😂

ha ha... Perfect!

• @thegreck they were! I had it in battery saver mode and was trying to hatch eggs on my way to catch Poliwags at the harbor. scout's honor

• Teenager out the window of a car, very loudly: "What the f**k?! Hey, wait, come back, I have to take a video of you!"

He almost caused an accident.

• @1woman1wheel i made a little kid crash his bike the other day :(

• A lady asked me if I built it my self lol.

• Yesterday a car stopped in the middle of the road and the passenger nearly jumped out the window to yell "I need one of those! What is it??"

• The most asked question is: "What is that?" followed by "Did you build it?". LOL

• The one we all know is going to get the same reply from now on. I did a trade, or I won it in a raffle..😏

• @andyb living in Nothern Ireland I get all the usual questions..
    Lots of "wow that's so cool" and "did you built that yourself"

Today I had 3 30-40 year old men shout. "Go for it Marty" lol

• Not a question, but I was riding uphill in the dark tonight with the headlights on, and an old woman standing outside a library yelled out, "That's rule!"

• Nothing unusual here other than what people have already said. I try and be nice but then you get the "how much does it cost" question and that is starting to bug me. I have had countless idiots complain about the cost to me and get all indignant about it like I made a bad choice or have something to do with the cost. People actually think the OW is around 200 to 300 dollars. SMH...

• @ElectricHippy Yeah I hate that question too, especially when it's the first and only question by some sketchy looking stranger. I've had some tweaker tell me he could make one for a lot less. Well then you should do that and sell them, then you could stop stealing money from your parents to buy meth.

• @Code-ster I get that all the time too. I think that's a strange one.

• I was riding some walking trails around a frisbee GC and this guy shouts inquisitively "how do you do that?"

I always love to see people turn as I ride by and say
    "What is that?"
    "Whoa did you see that"
    "Oh that's cool"

i was riding in a park and this guy says
    "Man that's really cool, it's fun watching you ride"

• @ryan1Auburn Yeah, "How do you ride that?" is always a confusing one, especially when people yell it out as you're riding by. I've said "Like this!" in response a few times.

• @ElectricHippy "It's cool, but not $1500 cool."
    I get that one from a lot of people. Those comments are subjective and I try to let them go. (If I didn't get the great deal I did from my dad, I wouldn't have shelled out the money in one lump sum with student loans still on the table.)
    I do get a little annoyed though when people knock on MY purchase. I ride it to work, I don't have to drive my car, buy gas, pay for maintenance. If you want to get all hippie, we have a much smaller footprint on the world. Plus, we're boundlessly more bad ass than every one else. Haters gon' hate.
    alt text

• I'm feeling part of the club now... I got the 'did you make that?' question yesterday! I'm wondering too, are we attention junkies? Are these comments our drug? As I'm still getting comfortable riding I actually find I enjoy the quieter times when there are less onlookers but will admit that getting a comment from a passer by is a bit of a rush. Then there's the ones that don't even seem to notice me and I almost want to stop and say 'hey, are you seeing this?? cool eh?' (yes, I'm Canadian)

• @PeterG whenever I'm taking a short breather I'm always glad to wrap with anyone who's geeked about the board, but I like to keep the convos short and sweet so I can get on with my ride. Some folks really like to keep on talking about it so I nip that in the bud with something like 'here I'll show you' (and then I just ride away and flash a thumbs-up).

• @PeterG I actually have a huge fear of being the center of attention, and it was one of the biggest hurdles when ordering my Onewheel (aside from the money). But I had to have one, so I ordered it. But while I was waiting for it to arrive (which back then was a 1.5 months), I'd try to imagine riding through the crowded sidewalks in the city where I work (Pasadena) on something that I knew would draw pretty much EVERYONE'S attention to me, and I'd have these minor freak outs. I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to do it, and I'd end up having to sell it.

Then it arrived, and I rode it. After that, I didn't give a rat's ass how many people watched me, because this thing is the most amazing vehicle I've ever been on, and if everyone's eyes are on me while I'm riding, I'm fine with it. I've actually come to thrive on it, and it just makes me ride faster and take on every sidewalk like it's the world's biggest obstacle course, and the jealousy of all the suckers on foot just gives me more strength, like spinach to Popeye.