Onewheel+ just got better. The new Andromeda is here

• @sonny123 Okay, I got it. I had to do an app restart, I also logged into my account but unsure if that made a difference.

• @grayforge I don't think the issue is with them releasing the iPhone update as soon as it's ready, but rather that they sent out a promotional email pumping everyone up for the new firmware, when only a subset of users can actually get it right now.

When I got this email:

Onewheel+ Just Got BETTER. The new Andromeda Firmware is here!

I was pretty excited. It was only when I came to this forum page that I learned the sad truth that the new firmware is not here yet for me as an Android user.

• Android please

• stop whining and find someone with an iphone instead ;-)

shouldn't be so hard to do...

• @dj-rknz agree, this is my point. The iOS / Android is not important for me

• @tonyrumans You can do that. You will not be able to change between delirium or elevated once back on Android but everything else should work okay. Hang in there, Android is coming real soon!

• @future-motion Any chance you guys could be a bit more specific than real soon? Later today? Next week? Next month?

• @bobmatnyc updated. Definitely does seem smoother. NYC Android users, happy to upgrade for you -- LMK on the NYC group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/485127125151562/?multi_permalinks=544047999259474

• @bobmatnyc

Does Mission feel any different with the newer FW?

• Realizing not everyone may care for this but I'm a 100% android user, and also a dedicated Onewheeler. Not wanting to wait for the Android versions of the app updates, and not having easy access during the day to my pals with iPhones, I picked up an inexpensive older Apple iTouch (wi-fi only- so doesn't let me track rides, etc) and with wi-fi I can update my boards on my own. I keep it with me on rides until the Android version comes out, so I have full access to the different modes, etc. Or you can do what @sonny123 recommended, which is brilliant. But yeah, would be nice if both Apple + Android versions came out together, although I get them wanting to get whatever's ready out there right away.

• @sonny123 like an idiot, I didn't run in Mission, only in Delirium. Overall, it did fell smoother, though not hugely so. The OW also felt a bit louder when not moving, though that could have been my imagination. I'll try Mission later.

Delirium does seem to restrict speed a bit more. Could comfortably get to 18, but not much more. (and didn't want to push it while holding my phone)

• @dj-rknz V1 is probably already maxed out. the plus has a bigger motor.

• @bobmatnyc

Reviews on FB page are mostly positive.
    Jeff had a live video and it did seem a bit louder.

• @groovyruvy

Seems now we can update to newer FW via the app.
    On the V1, we had to send it in.

• So just did my first couple of miles on Delirium and it's seems awesome to me! I love how responsive and powerful it feels. It does seem a little weird in how it handles bumps and drops. However I think it is ultimately better as it seems to account/respond to them better but I'm used to having to compensate for them differently. For example I was riding pretty fast and heard someone yell so I was looking at them and not where I was going, and I went off a little lip of the sidewalk. Normally this would have made me get squirrely and drop the tail or something, BUT I just kept going like nothing happened. So the board compensated in whatever way that made it so I didn't have to adjust for a drop as I normally would. I was able to charge bumps drops etc at speed in a way I was previously wasn't able to... The board is definitely louder which I really notice when sitting idle. It feels a little weird at times when the motor seems to add more power going over bumps and going up hills...
    Curious to hear others thoughts

• Used an old ipad to update it since I have an android phone. Took a little while to find it in the store - had to change the filter to iphone-only, then used the tap mode to change (thank for the tip!). Delirium felt fun - altho I'm a newbie, maybe the email just primed me and it was all in my head, but it felt like I could take turns sharper / make figure eights easier / etc.

• On it. testing in the morning. thank you FM!!!!!

• all good x

• 80% of the world's smartphones run Android, but Future Motion yet again disses Android users (see also no AndroidWear support) in favor of iOS.

Meanwhile, I get ten ten targeted Facebook ads a day to buy a product I already have purchased (which was finally delivered after three delays) and have owned for three months.

FM, you need to take some of your budget away from Marketing and move it to Software and Customer Relations.

• This post is deleted!