Do not ride at high speed!

• @cameroni79 OW for sure can hit 20mph and then some. Rider weight, skill level, terrain and other factors have a lot to do with whether that ends up good or in a nosedive. I don't understand guys just jumping on a onewheel for the first time and slamming on it to see how fast they can go, that's asking for trouble. As long as a rider masters the basics and eases into higher speeds, each person can figure out what their own personal limits are.

• @cameroni79 said in Do not ride at high speed!:

@celebro wrong attitude. I ride all sorts of vehicles. They advertise the abilities of the board. It doesn’t deliver. The motor is too weak for what they’re trying to do. If they advertised a 15 mph board no one would be complaining.

Dude I am 6'4" 240 lbs on a good day...it hauls me around fine on and off road. Give it a rest. Your attitude is what is wrong with the world today. We are turning into a bunch of people that rely solely on others to take care of them. Its dangerous to ride...most fun things are.

• @cascadewheeler I’m 6’2” 205 pounds and an athlete. The wheel isn’t safe under advertised numbers. It flat out isn’t. It’s a fifteen mph board.

• Its the old "speeds up to 20mph" thing. I have only had mine up to 18.5...plenty fast for me. Felt sketchy...I am old and dont like to crash anymore! So I just cruise!

Proof it will haul a monster around... https://youtu.be/vkUWgCCJL2s

• 0_1512401038251_FB_IMG_1512401028192.jpg

Join the club. Happened to me yesterday. 20+ mph in delirium mode. Cruising along and the board just shut off and sent me flying.

• I joined the club yesterday as well, see my post here: http://community.onewheel.com/topic/7477/customizable-top-speed-warning-please

• @cascadewheeler - Nice riding.

It has become clear to me after reading threads like this that people who weigh maybe 150lbs and higher should not flirt with 20mph.

• OW is not dangerous the way other board sports are. E.g. a snowboard will punish you when you push your own ability too far but for most people the board is far more capable than the rider: it's your fault if you fall. OW, however, is far less capable than the rider. If there was a skateboard with wheels that suddenly lock up if you put too much weight on them, or a snowboard with an edge that somehow retracts when you carve too hard, we'd have a fair comparison. A "safe" board is one that lets you push your limits without worrying about the limits of the board.

I just got back from a sweet trail ride where I took some falls that were definitely my fault, just couldn't stay balanced going over some roots. No complaints, my skills will improve, and didn't make me distrust the board. Took a couple nosedives though that were, as always, out of nowhere, when I wasn't pushing my limits. I do keep my feet centered for maneuverability, but I guess I need to bring the front foot back a bit.

• @ogtalbot

Hopefully you heal up quickly. Looks like it might just be a little road rash, anything broken?

I have wrist guards and a helmet on at all times if going more than 5 mph (exception is from car to office at 6am). Have any gear on when you went down?

• @skyman88 nothing broken, although I very well could have. I'll know next time not to break any records. I had nothing protective on. T shirt, shorts shoes, and a bag of drinks in one hand. They comically went sailing.