UK Onewheel Riders - Show Yourselves!

• Hello all, as you can probably tell, I'm new here but should have my new OW+ very soon!

I'm based in the UK, Durham to be more precise, and would like to know where my fellow OW riders are...

I shall be using mine for adventures with the family when travelling, but also around car shows that I attend (as me and my girlfriend run a Japanese car club), so it would be great to meet fellow riders!

I look forward to being part of this forum, and can't wait to start riding, so if you have any tips for a new OW rider, feel free to drop them below!

Hang loose and keep shreddin'

Scott!

• I'm in York. Got a v1 and had it a couple of years but still not getting out often enough on it to be any good really. Be nice to meet some other riders though - I feel like we're few and far between in the UK.

• I'm in Middlesbrough, loving the onewheel, feels like wakeboarding, looks like we got the north east covered.
    dwalters128 at hotmail dot com
    David

• @adamdoubleg said in UK Onewheel Riders - Show Yourselves!:

I'm in York. Got a v1 and had it a couple of years but still not getting out often enough on it to be any good really. Be nice to meet some other riders though - I feel like we're few and far between in the UK.

I'm so stoked to get out on mine! Bought my dad a Segway MiniPro for Christmas too though so I've put mine away 'til then, figured we could learn to ride them together haha. Yeah, the whole e-skateboard situation seems pretty quiet in the UK, hopefully it'll pick up!

@davidw said in UK Onewheel Riders - Show Yourselves!:

I'm in Middlesbrough, loving the onewheel, feels like wakeboarding, looks like we got the north east covered.
    dwalters128 at hotmail dot com
    David

Looking forward to getting out and practising, would be good to get a ride organised sometime, even if it's just a few of us, could be something to look at in the future?!

Nice to know there's a few riders not too far away!

• I'd be up for that. I'm still terrible on the OW but it'd be fun to be terrible in company rather than terrible on my own!

• Hi guys, how goes it? If you guys are ever a bit further south I'm in Nottingham? No one near me with a OW so far, been keeping my eyes open for the 3 years I waited for a OW myself after meeting the inventor and having a go. I have 2 weeks experience now on OW+, and I'm truly addicted. But the fun will be more fun if I can float with someone else. I got impatient and bought a used original OW yesterday, arrives morrow. We are gunna have a fun weekend!
    Anyway if anyone is a bit near me? If I travel north I'll let you guys know, we frequent the NE coast from time to time, gotta get me on them beaches!

• @redboyjan said in UK Onewheel Riders - Show Yourselves!:

Hi guys, how goes it? If you guys are ever a bit further south I'm in Nottingham? No one near me with a OW so far, been keeping my eyes open for the 3 years I waited for a OW myself after meeting the inventor and having a go. I have 2 weeks experience now on OW+, and I'm truly addicted. But the fun will be more fun if I can float with someone else. I got impatient and bought a used original OW yesterday, arrives morrow. We are gunna have a fun weekend!
    Anyway if anyone is a bit near me? If I travel north I'll let you guys know, we frequent the NE coast from time to time, gotta get me on them beaches!

Hey man, yeah all is well, just waiting for the big day to get out and start ripping! I travel up and down the country for car shows rather frequently, and I'm always travelling for car parts and all too, so my OW+ will be accompanying me on these journeys, so I'll keep you informed if I'm down that way!

Drop me a message if you ever get up here too, would be great to have someone to OW with!

All the best for the festivities!

Scott

• Ive only got 3 weeks experience and I'm off road and floating pretty smoothly now. The Delirium mode is great on grass, it'll be perfect for getting about at car shows!

• Anyone in Essex?

• So any new riders in the Midlands? Planning meets

• Great to see some UK OneWheelers - Currently have a Gen 1 OneWheel but looking for a One + at some point, love them and great for taking the dog for a walk when your feeling Lazy!!! I am in Cambridgeshire and always happy to hook up!

• Hey buddy, how's it going? Noone for 35 miles from me with OW, I bought a second one for back to back rides and so my friends can ride with me, more than twice the fun. I've been messaging a guy called Chigzy about meeting up this spring and summer, he's building portable chargers for when there's no cafe or pub to charge up at, cool guy. He's gunna come to Nottingham sometime, there's tons of cool places to float round here. I cannot wait to hit a beach, I used to surf and body-boarding so it's THE place these things should be I think, that will be soon hopefully. Open to ideas of other places to meet. The Peak District isn't far from me, the regen possibilities are gunna be big. Are you on the FB onewheel groups? They are better than this forum

• @redboyjan Hello mate which Facebook group is the best one? All the best Chris

• Hi Chris. All of them! The onewheel owners group and onewheel riders group are the best two I think

• @redboyjan Great thanks for the heads up buddy

• Welcome to the OW community. They're a funny bunch. I been floating a few months, I picked up the first OW+ that came up for sale used here in the UK and got a low mileage v1 for my buddies, more than twice the fun with two. Plus what if board one wasn't working/charged/elsewhere? That would be disaster!
    So I saw your post asking if anyone was selling a OW+ in Europe. My buddy has seen enough and wants a OW+ in the UK. And another friend seemed well in to it and had big conversations with me about OW so hopefully he'll buy one too. I'm the only OW rider for miles and miles here. Gunna travel to meet this spring and summer. Anyway I seen a couple of OW+ on ebay recently. How did you get your OW in the end of you don't mind me asking?

• @maggiek yep, I’m about to Pre Order the XR, I am just waiting for a weekend free to take the 5 hour drive down the Weymouth for a 15 min test ride, I’m sure I’m going to love it, but it’s a lot of cash to blindly drop. Where abouts in Essex are you? I’m in Chelmsford.

• @scott-d hi dude, i messaged you on FB too, wanna hook up 30 April to 3 May, I'll be staying in North shields / Newcastle area

• @davidw hi David, I'll be up staying in North shields / Newcastle 30 April - 3 May if yur about sir?

• @adamdoubleg hi Adam, I'm up staying in the North shields / Newcastle area 30 April to 3 May if that's close enough and any good for you?