Couple of issues

• Hello,
    I got my onewheel plus a couple of weeks ago and now have nearly 100 miles ridden. I am 200 lb and practise since nearly ever all Kind of board Sports.
    The issues are the following:
    I only get 4,5 miles in Mission mode when riding normaly. In Delirium it is nearly the same.
    My topspeed in Mission is only 14 mph in Mission. In Delirium never more than 16 mph.
    Then I get from time to time some weird accelerations when leaning Forward and accelerating. It is as if the weel Slips . It is Kind of an acceleration jmp or boost. Not linear. It Comes as a surprise. I know it is gonne accelrate, but not this wild. This only happens from time to time - have not figured out when and why...?
    And then, as I wrote in another thread, there is a strange behaviour Overall with riding Performance, that I think the onewheel got much more nervous while riding. As if on a regular skateboard you lossen the trucks. I can do now way tighter and smaller circles if I ride slowly, but on the other side, when I ride fast, it wobbles more than before and I am afraid to fall of with the smallest bump on the street.
    What do you think of all my Problems?

• @owpete Keep riding, you'll get more comfortable and come to learn that the boosts you are talking about are completely predictable and actually save your nose from getting too close to the ground. Your speed and confidence will improve with more time on the board. It's like if you grew up surfing then stepped on a skateboard for the first time. It would feel familiar, but you would be sketchy on it for a while.

As far as the range issues go, that's fairly normal depending on your tire pressure, weight, and riding style. The higher your tire pressure, the further you will be able to go, but you sacrifice ride quality in my opinion. I ride about 16-18PSI, but I know many others who ride mid 20s and prefer it. If you want more range, you can always check out mobile charging options to carry with you such as Chaffon and CarvePower.

Have fun and I hope this was helpful!

• I weigh 205, probably more like 210 with my backpack and protective gear. I run the tire at 20 psi. When the board was new I'd only get 4 to 5 miles. Now I get between 5.8 and 6.2. (currently have 224 miles) Not sure if it's the board breaking in or the rider getting better that affects the range (maybe a bit of both).

• @owpete There's a couple things going on here.
    The surges are, in my opinion, a way of the board telling you "I've had enough," like a car engine sputtering after it passes redline, for you've reported this happens when accelerating aggressively and going up hills. Like @jeffmccosker said, it's the board keeping power in reserve in order to keep the nose up. You are heavy dude, and the board's working hard for you.

Here's a few things to try: keep your front foot close to the fender, and your back foot as far back as possible (see my post Changed my back foot, now Onewheel+ is WAY better!!)

Also, treat your Onewheel like a car in 5th gear that's going 15mph - accelerate slowly, or else, it'll fall on its face.

• Hey Jacobs,

what is the way you charge your onewheel. I only charge it everytime till it gets green or appr. 30 minutes. Should I let it be switched to the cable a whole night for example?
    Concerning the point that experience will make me feel safer while riding: I felt safer when onewheel was less loose :-(

• @owpete said in Couple of issues:

Hey Jacobs,

what is the way you charge your onewheel. I only charge it everytime till it gets green or appr. 30 minutes. Should I let it be switched to the cable a whole night for example?
    Concerning the point that experience will make me feel safer while riding: I felt safer when onewheel was less loose :-(

I ride my OW everyday and leave it plugged in overnight. Based on other posts, the OW and charger have overcharge protection built in, so if it's not being ridden it's typically plugged in. BTW, I ride with a very wide stance and have no issues. Sometimes when going up hill there are little power surges to help boost me up, I just keep my knees slightly bent so I can absorb it. I also try to get a bit of a run before the hill if I can (momentum). I just got back from a lunch ride and got 6.2 miles, 1/4 of the ride was on dirt.

• I just come back from a ride and realized that I get the first pushback telling me I need some juice sarts at 12% left. I can switch the ow off and on and ride 600ft. Then agin pushback and switch off and on and again 300ft. And again the same till it is really ober 01%.
    Is this normal or can I tell ow to start pushbacking when it is for example at 3% left?

• @owpete said in Couple of issues:

I just come back from a ride and realized that I get the first pushback telling me I need some juice sarts at 12% left. I can switch the ow off and on and ride 600ft. Then agin pushback and switch off and on and again 300ft. And again the same till it is really ober 01%.
    Is this normal or can I tell ow to start pushbacking when it is for example at 3% left?

@owpete and @NJacobs
    Charging from partial battery is the norm. Only need to charge until light turns green on charger. You can also watch the cell voltages while charging and when finished to check to make sure they are all equal or within .02V of each other.

Per the manual, and recommended by the forum and FM, every few weeks run your board to truly no battery, like @owpete described above, and then let your board charge for a full 8-12 hours. No harm and it actually helps condition your cells and keeps them functioning at the highest capacity.

Non Facebook users, massive amount of information posted on the Wiki page. Here are the common tips / issues with charging:
    http://onewheel.wiki/Troubleshooting#Battery_.2F_Charging_issues

• @owpete for the last problem, if the board is too wobbly, relax. Don't try to over correct the board just move the board in the way you want it to move, I'm 17 and have been riding the first One Wheel since it's release. When you over correct the board, it wants to then correct itself and move under you. Then you correct it and then it reverberates in this frequency, if you want some tips ride on a rooty trail nearby. It is super technical and it strengthens your ankles, along with your connection to the board.

• @snarold said in Couple of issues:

@owpete for the last problem, if the board is too wobbly, relax. Don't try to over correct the board just move the board in the way you want it to move, I'm 17 and have been riding the first One Wheel since it's release. When you over correct the board, it wants to then correct itself and move under you. Then you correct it and then it reverberates in this frequency, if you want some tips ride on a rooty trail nearby. It is super technical and it strengthens your ankles, along with your connection to the board.

This is really true. In flying, it's called PIO - pilot induced oscillations.