MADE IN CHINA

• This is probably going to ruffle some feathers but I'm pretty sure these boards and all of their parts are made in China and not in Southern California. How else is this company selling $1,500 items with no spare parts available for customers? How did this company sell me a $1,500 item yet they don't have a replacement foot pad for the one that was received defective? This is a total scam I don't care how great the board is and it is great. The quality control is horrendous and customer service non-existent!

This is practically the only industry on the planet in which it's unassuming hopeful customers tolerate this kind of unacceptable subpar customer service and quality control.

Sorry onewheel but parts like foot pads should be plentifully and readily available at the time of sale not available three months down the line when the Chinese shipping container finally arrives. The fact that future motion thinks refurbishing a foot pad on a brand new $1,500 board is acceptable speaks volumes as this kind of resolution is something I've only experienced being offered on Alibaba, never in my 40 years plus of dealing with American companies. Here in America we'd expect the part to be replaced not refurbished, and we'd expect the company taking $1,500 to have those parts readily available before taking my $1,500! If this was made in Southern California no way on planet Earth they be giving several months lead time for new foot bags to be available for even them. Telling me this board is made in the U.S. is a complete insult to my intelligence.

• Forum is a joke also you can't even edit your post without the system flagging it as spam! "FOOT PADS". This is a Chinese company.

• I expect you’re right about all the electronics. A certain portion of the board would have to be made in the USA. Probably the deck and rails.

• Lol, you still mad you have to send your new board in... get over it. It's a toy... way more important things in life to get worked up over!

I'd love to see them sell all the parts separately similar to the diy e bike world. Guessing they are still selling stock so fast and furious with the holidays that all parts go to new boards. Should calm down next year.

Ps... no problem here editing posts

• @cascadewheeler said in MADE IN CHINA:

Lol, you still mad you have to send your new board in... get over it. It's a toy... way more important things in life to get worked up over!

I'd love to see them sell all the parts separately similar to the diy e bike world. Guessing they are still selling stock so fast and furious with the holidays that all parts go to new boards. Should calm down next year.

Ps... no problem here editing posts

Yes, I'm still mad I have to send the brand new foot pad, the key part of the board, on my $1,500 purchase in because the company isn't competent enough to to have a single spare part available to replace it. You are the exact customer I'm referring to who tolerates subpar service like this. Nothing personal but that's exactly what I'm referring to.

• @cameroni79 said in MADE IN CHINA:

I expect you’re right about all the electronics. A certain portion of the board would have to be made in the USA. Probably the deck and rails.

You're probably right they are probably assembled in Southern California and the electric parts come from China. The company sounds like it's chinese-owned also by the customer service standards they've set. Nothing against chinese-owned companies but customer service certainly needs to be better and if the parts are made in China they should be letting us know the truth. Quite frankly I have no problem with electronics being made in China they make some great Electronics but if the company is selling $1,500 boards they need to have these parts available especially foot pads when they're being received defective out of the box in some instances like mine. For them to tell me it's going to be several months before a single foot pad can be available and they don't have a single foot pad as even a loner available to send me while they refurbish my brand new foot pad is ludicrous.

• I still love the board I think it's the greatest thing on earth and I'm still riding it with the defective foot pad it's just when I come to a stop that I have to deal with it cutting out. But I'm using it for work and I sold my original onewheel so if I have to send my foot pad back I'm going to be without it for at least a week probably longer. On a purchase over $1,000 where individual parts can be swapped out like a foot pad they need to be available and not three months down the line. Especially for customers who receive a defective part right out of the box.

• A theory as to why footpads aren't available is that they may be steering people to buy new onewheel +s, I think the concern is that a lot of owners may try and retrofit their original if they made the foot pads (along with the+ bumpers) more readily available.

• It stops when you come to a stop...i dont get it...wtf is wrong with your board lol
    I am guessing footpads will be available once the surge stops and they can catch up. You can get v1 pads dunno why you wouldn't eventually be able to get + pads.

• Where do you think they are putting a refurb foot pad on your board? My understanding is that they are asking you to send the board back and they will replace the foot pad with a new one. Refurb means a broken/used foot pad that was repaired, I highly doubt they have broken/used parts stockpiled at their warehouse. There isn't a huge market for this product and the fact it is so expensive further limits the sales of this board. They also may want to make sure that it is indeed the footpad sensor that is broken. Either way unless they specifically said they were using a refurbished footpad what is the issue?

While I can understand the frustration of having to send a new product back to be repaired instead of what you would prefer, if they are offering to fund it being sent back and repaired I don't see any problem here.