So, No one is here, But

• So, it looks like no one uses this anymore. mostly people are using the Facebook groups, thats really what I have been doing, because its easier.

I would like to point out, however, that... We are really reaching a point where there are a bunch of Vendors. Lots of modders, a totally new Generation of people, now lots new people asking the same questions all the time. And, topics are being debated. The amount of repeated... are we doing this question again.... here is the newbie Read This First.... here is the modding HOF.... One Wheels for Sale. or whatever, anyway, we need a real forum. I don't know if anyone has experience running a forum. I'd be willing to help Mod. We have plenty of vendors that we should be able to pay for it with having them either pay for a store or buy adds. and have people pay a couple bucks for selling your OW on the forum.

I don't know if millennials do forums... do they do forums? :) but, the organization of some of the info flying around, would make it so much more valuable.

and... discuss...

• @aaron-broward-fl
    I like that idea... And not only because I don't use Facebook.!!!

• @aaron-broward-fl
    I'm here bro. Forums need some help, yes.

• Forums were unfortunately played out even before you joined. Seems like very few og members still hang around. New mods, tricks and board issues are the only thing that will keep people coming back from time to time. Agreed, you can only stomach so many constant nosedive posts by new riders.

• @Aaron-Broward-FL

Where will I go to ask what kind of shoes are recommended?

Car people "had" been still using forums but over the past year, the main group I'm in also moved to Facebook. The biggest reason was ease of posting and ability to make events. Much like with OW, the forum still exists but gets like 1/20th the traffic.

Facebook has too many newb questions and too many posts per day. Impossible to work full time and keep up.

• Whats Facebook? Sounds lame...
    I do agree this forum sucks but it's all i have till something better comes along. I've made it this long with no Facebook... not about to start now.
    Took me months to get approved... no involvement from future motion at all. Wonder how many people would be here if they got approved in a timely manner.
    No point in staying here. Someone might as well make a little $$ running a better private forum.

• I've been suggesting we go custom forums for awhile, because there is no moderation or ability to organize here. its just as bad on Facebook, and the fact that its ONE single thread is almost worse. but, yes it has been getting not only Newb younger, but, aged younger too.... I think the first adapters were the older folks with disposable income and then the younger rich kids are now in. I saw an interview with this 20 something in Chicago thats in hover hooligans who said, he saw the board and he had 1500 laying around, didn't seem like a lot of money so he tried it out. Right...

anyway... It just makes sense... but, will anyone do it.... I guess the nature of the community is not nerdy enough for those who want to run a forum :)

• @aaron-broward-fl

That was @slydogstroh and @jeffmccosker in the interview; I don't believe either was born into money, but that's a different topic.

The car folks used a paid service. In order to access the buy/sell pages you need to be "paid member" and some other info/topics are blocked until you've make a "donation" to the forum. It's like $20 a year. Requires dedicated people who have time to truly act as admins also.

• It was slydog who was like, oh I had 1,500 laying around. Did you have 1,500 laying around in your 20's :) and "it didn't seem like much."
    I'm a lawyer and I didn't... it doesn't matter, good on them. Based on Jeff's backyard, I wouldn't say he comes from money :)
    Nothing wrong with either way.

I would admin, I'm sure others would.

• @aaron-broward-fl Hell, that isn't even my backyard, it's a friend's yard that lives near me. I wish mine was that nice and big! I can basically touch my back fence from my backdoor it's so small :/
    I'm pretty sure @slydogstroh isn't totally rolling in dough either. The OW is his main form of transportation because he doesn't have a car. I would say $1,500 for 2+ years of transportation in your early 20's is EXTREMELY reasonable. He made a solid investment with his OW.
    Why are we talking about money anyways?

• Back to the topic at hand. I have 3 OW resources that I check regularly - FB, this forum and Redit. This forum has more consistent utility because I can search on topics a little easier. Facebook isn't that easy for me but it comes a close second because it has a lot of images/videos and nice interaction with new OW'ers. The Redit one is not that active at all so I look at it infrequently.

Forums have different purposes for different readers. I use it to keep up to date on the latest news about firmware, operation of my OW and accessories. I am not that attracted to everyone talking about nose dives or how unsafe this board is - been there, done that. in order for this site to remain attractive, it has to offer new things to explore so that people will want to come back, view it and contribute. Does it need moderators and a more standard bulletin board format? Not really sure. It is the content and the people that is more important to me.

• @jeffmccosker its a solid investment, the only reason I made the comment cause on the podcast, he was like, yeah, I had 1500 laying around, didn't seem like alot of money so I got one... it actually was flowing from the conversation that it was more late 30's 40's and even older folk, who mostly started and were active in this forum, and it seems to me, that in the Facebook group, the newer people that are coming in were seeing a lot more people in their 20s...

which is all all great. I am glad they are selling product. I wish everyone was rich. I wish I wasn't broke off my ass and waiting for why next job to come through. it was merely an observation. it was odd seeing someone of his age, cavalierly tossing around 1,500. maybe he was trying to look cool on the podcast. :) But I've worked with a lot of rich folk. and he spoke like one who was dropping that kind of cash on a night out. :) any who doesn't matter to me. point is, I'm not trying to offend anyone, I was just making an observation of the change in crowd. Back to the topic, like I said, I am happy to be a moderator, but I have 0 cash at the moment, so I can't fund a forum. sorry. between jobs. I have 2 startups that have promised to hire me... waiting to see who comes through first with a real offer.

• @gadgetrider said in So, No one is here, But:

Back to the topic at hand. I have 3 OW resources that I check regularly - FB, this forum and Redit. This forum has more consistent utility because I can search on topics a little easier. Facebook isn't that easy for me but it comes a close second because it has a lot of images/videos and nice interaction with new OW'ers. The Redit one is not that active at all so I look at it infrequently.

Forums have different purposes for different readers. I use it to keep up to date on the latest news about firmware, operation of my OW and accessories. I am not that attracted to everyone talking about nose dives or how unsafe this board is - been there, done that. in order for this site to remain attractive, it has to offer new things to explore so that people will want to come back, view it and contribute. Does it need moderators and a more standard bulletin board format? Not really sure. It is the content and the people that is more important to me.

its the moderator that makes sure that the content is organized so the newbs have someplace to talk and the old people can talk, so you don't have to deal with nosedive talk ect. but, when hey, I'm designing a new battery talk comes up, its organized, and archived, and easy to find connected to other relevant info. and what shoes to wear, ect. ect. we have a very technical community and our data is all over the fucking place... its really a shame.