Distance

• What kind of distance are you getting out of a charge?
    220 lb, 20psi, 100% charge
    Only seem to get 3-4 miles. Should I up the tire pressure?

• 185 lb, 20 psi, 100% charge, 70% flat street, 30% small hills, off road
    I get 5.5 to 6 miles, but less if it's colder (say 55 F or less).

• 5’6, 135 and I get 6-8.5 miles per charge...

• Rode today about 1 3/4 mile uphill. Not a crazy grade but definitely uphill. Arrived at my destination at 57% battery. I then rode home and arrived with 52% battery/ I might be judging the one wheel on distance and not on terrain. Still a ton of fun but might need to invest in some portable charging to get all the way across my town.
    Also increased my psi to 23

• I weight 210 lbs, and bought a plus about 40 days ago. I got 3.6 miles on my first ride, and the most I ever got was 4.6 miles. Not the 5-7 mile range the box states. This was all on flat ground at 20 psi. I have been told the battery does not like the cold, and the millage suffers thru the cold months. I sure hope so, I feel like 5 miles should be the bare minimum I should see.

• @gibby said in Distance:

I weight 210 lbs, and bought a plus about 40 days ago. I got 3.6 miles on my first ride, and the most I ever got was 4.6 miles. Not the 5-7 mile range the box states. This was all on flat ground at 20 psi. I have been told the battery does not like the cold, and the millage suffers thru the cold months. I sure hope so, I feel like 5 miles should be the bare minimum I should see.

Cold is bad and battery capacity seems to improve with some number of full cycles.

@jamesgunter68 In the summer I get just over 6 miles per charge on pavement with a mix of flats and hills in my neighborhood. Right now (rode when it was 23 degF on Saturday) I'm probably only getting 4-5 miles. 19.5 psi.

• @jamesgunter68
    Remember they have regenerative braking. Going down hill will certainly use much less power and will often charge the battery. I'm not surprised to hear you had 57% at the top of the hill and 52% when you got back to the bottom. How many miles on your board? I ask because myself and many others experienced that the range is on the low side with a new board but that it gets better with use. I'm 210. with the tire at 20 I'd only get about 4.5 miles at first. After about 100 miles my range increased to 5.2 to 6. I'm not sure if the range increase was on the board side or that my riding improved (smother, more momentum etc.) perhaps it's a little of both.

• 36 miles on my board

• I'm 230 on a good day. I get anywhere from 3-6 miles on a charge all depends on what I'm riding on.

• Rode 2 miles uphill yesterday and had 2% battery when I got there

• Also after 36 miles my board won’t charge past 98%
    Should I be worried about this?

• @jamesgunter68 need to run your board down till it’s completely out of power and let it charge for 24 hours. May need a few of these cycles to get the cells back in line. Normal maintenance

• Do you disconnect battery as soon as it hits 100 or let it sit?

• I do a lot of night rides. When I get home I plug it in to charge and leave it all night. Been doing this for the life of the board (2 months, 400 miles)

• I may start doing this.most of my rides are at night but I’ve been staying up to disconnect it at 100%

• @jamesgunter68 I ride most days 1 to 3 times. When I'm not riding, it's on the charger. Because I'm almost always riding for fun (no commuting), I try to drain the battery by going around the park by my house until the battery is at 1%. If the battery started at, say, 97 or 98%, what I do is I ride a while longer at 1% to drain it down. I ride slower at the end in case it runs out of juice, but I've never had it actually stop on me. The closer I get the battery to zero, the higher the percentage it charges to, so I'm usually starting with 98 to 100%, no matter how long it's on the charger as long as the charger light turns green.

I've heard people say you have to condition it for 24 hours after draining it to zero, but I've never actually had to do that. Perhaps that's only if you rarely drain the battery down like I do after almost every ride.

• In the app you can see the voltage of each individual cell. If they are not all the same (within 0.02 V), you'll notice they equalize gradually over 24 to 48 hours if left on the charger. I keep my board plugged in whenever I'm not riding.

• @jamesgunter68

I rode today (100% charge) 56° Outside, 192 lbs (one continuous run) 40mins, got 4.9miles with 23% batt left. When I first got my OW+ I only got around 1.5miles on a full charge, I was a little concerned but kept riding and charging and after about 10 charging cycles I now get the advertised mileage. The manual states to periodically keep it charging overnight to equalize the batteries I guess try that!

• Yeah I’m going to keep running it down and charging overnight
    It was acting a little sluggish at times but I think charging it overnight helped that out
    It’s also pretty cold here lately 50’s to 30’s

• @jamesgunter68 said in Distance:

Yeah I’m going to keep running it down and charging overnight
    It was acting a little sluggish at times but I think charging it overnight helped that out
    It’s also pretty cold here lately 50’s to 30’s

Ha! I’m hoping we get a high of 30 degF next week!

As someone mentioned above I get nervous about the last 5-10% battery power so I’ll just ride in my driveway or rock back and forth aggressively to get rid of the last bit of juice. I have had battery pushback before and also had the board die going up a grass hill. Good to st least no how the board reacts.

In order to “fix” my battery / app disconnect, I did the full drain and 12 hour charge 3 consecutive times in a row and that corrected my issue. One night wasn’t enough for me.