Introducing Onewheel+ XR

• Been looking at these for a while and the extra range will make this the perfect transportation for me. Can't wait until it is here!!

• @Future-Motion @Julian

How will Overcharge protection work with the XR? For riders with homes on hilltops, this might become a huge issue?

• @julian people say that NMC batteries degrade 2x faster than LFP batteries. will this be true with the onewheel+ xr? I just want to know everything before i drop 2k (after tax) on a piece of wood with a wheel

• @drn3rd I live near the top of a hill, maybe not the biggest hill, but substantial and I was worried about it with my plus. It turns out this really is not an issue. regen can only recapture maybe 15% of what you burn going uphill, so a very short uphill backtrack is all it takes to safely descend pretty far. All i have to do is roll up my driveway (which is steep uphill) to the street and I'm good to descend down the big hill at the end of the street

• @ryankimharrison This may or may not be true, but in reality it wouldn't make much of any difference. No battery pack in a OW is ever going to be replaced because it "wore out". You'd need to completely cycle the battery several thousand times before any degradation is apparent.

For some field data you can look to the auto-industry
    Chevy Volt Battery Replacements

• This post is deleted!

• @Future-Motion > It's been three years.
    Great product.
    Pint had it's time.
    When the OneWheel+ XR** 2.0?
    (easy sustained 20 mph, + another batch of miles to the range?)

• @JeffFrick This! Thinner profile, longer range, higher top speed, new app . . . come on @Future-Motion, let's get going!!!

• @JeffFrick said in Introducing Onewheel+ XR:

@Future-Motion > It's been three years.
    Great product.
    Pint had it's time.

...footpad led, simple stop option, pint style battery box protection on fender/delete, better connector housing, tire options, pint/XR pushback option, better water protection,
    don't hold your breath.

• @b0ardski said in Introducing Onewheel+ XR:

@JeffFrick said in Introducing Onewheel+ XR:

@Future-Motion > It's been three years.
    Great product.
    Pint had it's time.

...footpad led, simple stop option, pint style battery box protection on fender/delete, better connector housing, tire options, pint/XR pushback option, better water protection,
    don't hold your breath.

From the sound of it, FM may have been consolidating it's EV-MFG infrastructure since the Pint. Possibly with the intentions of leasing their infrastructure to other manufacturers. If true, it's smart bc it permits a broader product base to hedge their risk. That lowers costs, which increases profits, which in turn permits greater diversification of their own product line. It would also have provided a long RnD cycle to develop the next iteration of the Onewheel.

Considering how polished the Pint is, I would not be surprised if a new XR is actually quite far into development. Well past an initial prototype. 100v batteries are a thing now, and a 1000w hub motor probably wouldn't be all that out of the question. Just a matter of engineering.