I hate to say it but your fender is not good at all.

• @njcustom Yes, I've seen your fenders. I've been riding fender-less the last few hundred miles. I have built my own fender out of a mud flap and it works quite well. I won't be buying a fender until someone makes it from the same or similar material to dirt bike fenders.

• @510-1-whl I never said I crashed and broke it. I said "If you crash using the fender it shatters." Saying in general the fender cannot take crashes. I was speaking for the community when I said it is brittle. There are plenty of discussions about better fenders and I have seen plenty of comments saying that their fender even broke on grass. for example.

@njacobs said in Fender made with a more appropriate material:

Why is the OW Fender made out of hard plastic? - so it costs $5 to make and Future Motion can make a killing on the $85 price tag. My fender broke after one simple "crash". Here's an idea, make the fend out of a material that will give when impacted, yet retains it's shape! - Think phone cover type of material. There has got to be many options that would be better than what is currently used.

@steeve said in Fender made with a more appropriate material:

@njacobs
    I Totally agree with what you said,mind broke also cheap plastic very disappointed!
    Steve T

Plenty more on that discussion. Im sure they might have some pictures.
    I'm not trying to hate. I simply want a decent fender. Hope this is enough for you. Also Polypropylene is probably the plastic you should make it out of. It is invincible. Since this appears to be a bot response This might not get to you.

• @njcustom Yes and they look great. But I really Can't afford that much for a fender. the Onewheel was already a lot of saving.

• Had plenty crashes. FM and C&R fenders stood up to it all. Unless you get a knock off copy in the wrong plastic I can't see how you would break a fender

• @redboyjan the thing is Abs is a very brittle and non flexible. I crash the Onewheel a lot and cannot take any chances

• @ansen-french

Look up some videos by @slydogstroh on YouTube... his fenders have been through a lot.

• @ansen-french
    You could always glue it back together with ABS glue (cheap).
    Basically i rely on my fender to keep the water and crud off of me. So what if it cracks to shreds. At that rate the crash could of been traumatic and possibly other concerns (human casualties) that would be prioritized. :)

• @fruitygreen yea but I do not want to worry about breaking or glueing back together the fender. And it might break in a way that would be insane or impossible to fix. And I would have to purchase glue and probably have it end up looking like trash. Not to mention that it shouldn’t be breaking in the first place. It should be more tough and durable like the onewheel. Future motion should and does care about the quality of their products. Not leaving it up to the customers to glue back together. In my eyes the fender should withstand high speed tumble crashes. When I crash the board generally it ends up upside down. I would not have as much a problem with this if they were like 20$ but they are not. They are too expensive to risk breaking. Makermarc made a fender that can withstand a hammer and a 1 foot drop with the onewheel upside down. And(correct me if that is not the one I saw on eBay) it is only 50 dollars. That is 35 less than the fm fender but is seemingly much much better. I wish the fm fender were great and lived up to my expectations. But it is not. If you disagree then hit it with a hammer and drop it from a foot upside down and If it lives we can all be happy and end this once and for all. For
    the time being though I disagree. This is to everyone. Not just fruity

• @skyman88 I will check him out

• @ansen-french said in I hate to say it but your fender is not good at all.:

@fruitygreen yea but I do not want to worry about breaking or glueing back together the fender. And it might break in a way that would be insane or impossible to fix. And I would have to purchase glue and probably have it end up looking like trash. Not to mention that it shouldn’t be breaking in the first place. It should be more tough and durable like the onewheel. Future motion should and does care about the quality of their products. Not leaving it up to the customers to glue back together. In my eyes the fender should withstand high speed tumble crashes. When I crash the board generally it ends up upside down. I would not have as much a problem with this if they were like 20$ but they are not. They are too expensive to risk breaking. Makermarc made a fender that can withstand a hammer and a 1 foot drop with the onewheel upside down. And(correct me if that is not the one I saw on eBay) it is only 50 dollars. That is 35 less than the fm fender but is seemingly much much better. I wish the fm fender were great and lived up to my expectations. But it is not. If you disagree then hit it with a hammer and drop it from a foot upside down and If it lives we can all be happy and end this once and for all. For
    the time being though I disagree. This is to everyone. Not just fruity

Well there you go. You got options then. My stance in todays society is to accept the price someone sets in there product. It is at the buyers discretion to purchase. You may not feel like the price is justified, but still you have a choice.

DIYers get motivated with the challenge of having financial difficulties.

Question(s): Do you have any skills in building?
    Do you work?
    Most guys with less money have more time.
    How could you afford the OW?

Just curious, about your situation .

• @fruitygreen Yea I have been asked this before. I am fourteen. The Onewheel+ was a really long time of hard work and patience. I do not have a Job but have school so that takes up the majority of my time. Parents aren't going to let me buy it even with my own money if my grades are trash. So I spend a lot of time after school and at home doing homework and stuff. The time I get leftover is for doing chores and sleeping. That leaves very little time to figure out how to build stuff and build it, Much less actually getting the materials. My parents are very academic so naturally I get to go to a difficult school. I would say I have decent ability in making and building things. But Still doesn't leave me with much to do without materials. And I have pretty much no tools. I have my dad's drill 4 bits basic screwdrivers and monkey wrenches. I have nothing to cut stuff with. These are all the reasons I made this topic. It is much too difficult and time consuming or expensive to A. build one from crap materials.B.buy one for 130$ which is a lot at this age..C.buy a fm fender and hope it doesn't break and if it does... Welp thats 85$ of work gone.... Hope this answered your questions. ask me if there are any more.

• @ansen-french and craft and ride is a lot of money.

• I believe that Onewheel can make an affordable durable strong fender for not that much. I do not doubt their engineering abilities. I know they can do it.

• @ansen-french maybe crash less?

• As long as people are buying them FM would be dumb to sell it for any less. Simple supply and demand.

You have a better chance of convincing your parents to buy it for you so don't waste your time on this.

@ansen-french and craft and ride is a lot of money.

Maybe save up for it?

@14 I had a blast building things with no prior knowledge. Back then owning a bicycle was like owning a OW today.

We didn't whine much i recall. Just take what is given.

• @mrclowny welp if you're right and Future motion does not care about the quality of their product and just money then alright. For the record I would be ok with the price if it were a good product. If Future motion doesn't care that I am not going to buy their product then ok. In the mean time I am just going to buy the better cheaper one...

• @fruitygreen. The Cheap Very tough fender-
    Advantages-Cheap, strong, and very good for the price. You get what you pay for.
    Disadvantages- less supply. Not very many out there. Still available.

Future motion fender
    Advantages-More available to the public due to not being custom made. Has a nice Onewheel logo on the top
    Disadvantages-Much more expensive than its worth. Weak. brittle.

And the much more expensive but really really durable Carbon fiber fender.
    Advantages- Much stronger and tougher. Visually appealing.
    Disadvantages- less affordable.

I choose the Cheap nice fender. It is within my price range, and is very strong. the two things I want out of a fender.
    Finally. Why did you feel the need to mention That you had fun as a kid building things. And went to the "Back In my day we were happy to have food on our table and not be living in the street. And that was all we needed. Nothing else. We never whined we just were grateful for what we got and that was the end of it." Stereotype. It has nothing to do with the quality problems of the FM fender. It felt like that comment was just something to condescend down on me and treat me like a brat. I am not here to be treated like a brat. No one is. And no one is here to treat people like brats. I am here because I Want FM's fender to be better. I will end it here because it no longer effects me due to the fact that I am going for the cheap good fender. I guess I will just stop wasting my time.

@fruitygreen. The Cheap Very tough fender-
    Advantages-Cheap, strong, and very good for the price. You get what you pay for.
    Disadvantages- less supply. Not very many out there. Still available.

Future motion fender
    Advantages-More available to the public due to not being custom made. Has a nice Onewheel logo on the top
    Disadvantages-Much more expensive than its worth. Weak. brittle.

And the much more expensive but really really durable Carbon fiber fender.
    Advantages- Much stronger and tougher. Visually appealing.
    Disadvantages- less affordable.

I choose the Cheap nice fender. It is within my price range, and is very strong. the two things I want out of a fender.
    Finally. Why did you feel the need to mention That you had fun as a kid building things. And went to the "Back In my day we were happy to have food on our table and not be living in the street. And that was all we needed. Nothing else. We never whined we just were grateful for what we got and that was the end of it." Stereotype. It has nothing to do with the quality problems of the FM fender. It felt like that comment was just something to condescend down on me and treat me like a brat. I am not here to be treated like a brat. No one is. And no one is here to treat people like brats. I am here because I Want FM's fender to be better. I will end it here because it no longer effects me due to the fact that I am going for the cheap good fender. I guess I will just stop wasting my time.

Wow! I am sorry. Never thought any one would see it that way.

Apparently the era comparison weren't recognized as i intended.

• Like doing trick but don't want to ruin your fender? My magnetic Fenders are the way to go.. if it doesn't say "Rambo" it's a copy..