Hoosier tire won't seat properly - Please help!

• 0_1526499312701_ZI3siA8r.jpg
    0_1526499346325_c0FnD43r.jpg

I got a slick Hoosier tire to replace my worn out Vega. When I inflate it, it holds air, but the tire on the valve side won't pop into place.

Things I've tried:

• Lubing with Windex
    • Lubing with other random auto-part store lube
    • Heating with heat gun
    • Ratchet strapping around the middle of the tire, then inflating to push all the pressure out towards the rim
    • Hitting it with a rubber mallet to try and jar it into place
    • Drinking alcohol to cope

None of these things are working. In the image above, you can't see the ratchet strap because I wrapped a towel around the tire to protect it from the strap. I heated the tire to the point it started smoking, and it still wasn't malleable enough to pop into place. So I don't think this is a matter of me just not getting the tire hot enough. I've also inflated the tire to around 40 PSI. I'm afraid to go any higher than that.

The opposite side of the tire is sealed perfectly all the way around. I'm hoping I don't have to bread that bead again to get the valve side of the tire seated properly.

Any help is appreciated.

• lubricate it and then pump it up to higher pressure. one of mine needed around 50psi to pop into place, the other one needed around 55 for the second „blop“;-)

its no problem to do this for a short period of time.

• @cr4p Thank you. I built up the courage and just went for it. Used to lithium grease on the hub to lube it up, then pumped it up to nearly 60 PSI before it finally popped in.

• @akiddisaster: you‘re welcome - enjoy;-)