Onewheel+ wobbles

• I also found this on a go-cart site about wobbly tires.

The quality and tolerances of the tire, the way it's seated, the tube- even whether it's been used can factor in. If the rim appears to be running true, then wait till you've got some drive time on the tires. Get 'em nice and warm, air them down, and reinflate. They may sit better after the rubber has had a chance to get used to its new life on a rim. Long periods of storage, or how it was half-smushed while cooling after manufacture, can misshape it.

So now I'm calm about it and will just have fun.

• Check your pressure too. Lower pressure, or too high of a pressure can feel 'wobbly' (for different reasons, under inflation leads to soft sidewalls, whereas high inflation makes the tire rounder.)

• I wonder if it's worth to try and re-seat the bead on my wheel?
    It's annoying that the whole ow is vibrating when I go due to the wobble.
    I have tried to fill the wheel to 58 psi but it didn't help.
    Can I go higher and what psi is still safe?
    Should I fill it up and try with the hairdryer on warm and see if that can help?
    Should I break the bead and then try and re-seat it with soap or Silicon spray?
    Any ideas would help.

• @khayman said in Onewheel+ wobbles:

I wonder if it's worth to try and re-seat the bead on my wheel? No
    It's annoying that the whole ow is vibrating when I go due to the wobble. That’s due to your weak leg muscles. Keep riding.
    I have tried to fill the wheel to 58 psi but it didn't help. That’s ridiculous and asinine. Recommended is 20. 25 is high.
    Can I go higher and what psi is still safe? 20-25
    Should I fill it up and try with the hairdryer on warm and see if that can help? Nope
    Should I break the bead and then try and re-seat it with soap or Silicon spray? Nope
    Any ideas would help.

• @capodeltoro said in Onewheel+ wobbles:

I wonder if it's worth to try and re-seat the bead on my wheel? No - Why?

It's annoying that the whole ow is vibrating when I go due to the wobble. That’s due to your weak leg muscles. Keep riding. - No its not because of weak legs, when I'm going slow in the shopping mall I can clearly see it wobble and it is just by the vega brand.

I have tried to fill the wheel to 58 psi but it didn't help. That’s ridiculous and asinine. Recommended is 20. 25 is high. - wrong, the max pressure for the vega tire is 58psi so that's not ridiculous or asinine.

Can I go higher and what psi is still safe? 20-25 -?
    Should I fill it up and try with the hairdryer on warm and see if that can help? Nope - why?

Should I break the bead and then try and re-seat it with soap or Silicon spray? Nope - no?
    Any ideas would help.

It really sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about! But I can be wrong, it actually has happened before 😏

• @khayman I was gonna let this go but it’s obvious you’re a special case. Let’s just jump right into the psi question. The software is calibrated with the tire filled at factory levels. 20ish psi. That’s how the board (and your phone) estimate your speed...(board via RPMs / phone via GPS). If you know anything about physics you’ll know that the more surface area the tire contacts the road and the less dense (softer) it is...the greater the coefficient of friction is...meaning the harder it is to roll. Now knowing this...if FM says to inflate your Vega to 20ish psi....and you decide to inflate it to 58...don’t you think that’s a problem? The tire will spin faster than the motor is capable of properly reading it so your actual speeds and RPMs will Be out of sync...your motor will overheat because it’s trying to maintain your balance and slow the rotation...thereby voiding your warranty and probably killing you when you nosedive into a curb. You seem to be the argumentative type...that’s not even considering your balance wobbles issues...higher psi, less tire touching concrete...greater wobbles...why don’t you just follow the manufacturers recommendation or call them directly? There are years worth of recommendations on this forum, that with a little research, you could find your answers. Don’t be lazy...nor try to “reinvent the wheel”...hope that helps 🤔

• @capodeltoro aha now I see what you mean.
    Well I'm not talking about running the ow with that high of a pressure at all, I agree that this would be dangerous.
    I'm talking about trying to re-seat the tire to the wheel.
    So no problem here, you just misunderstood me. English isn't my first language 👍🏻

• @khayman If you don't see a noticeable gap between the rim and the tire, I'm doubtful that re-seating will fix anything.

There is a chance the tire will wear in smoothly if you keep riding it... but I think others have had this issue in the past. Try searching on here, I believe there was a post a year ago when the OW+'s started shipping along the same lines.

• @skyman88 okay, thanks.
    I guess I have to wait and see.👍🏻

• It's always possible the goo that they shoot inside the tires to help seal it is unevenly distributed. A run at a moderately high speed (12 mph or so) may even it out. That's one of the reasons I don't like those goos...

• Six months back, my tire was slowly going flat every three days. Then one morning it was flat even though I pumped it up the night before.
    I unscrewed the valve stem and squirted about 4 oz. of additional Slime into the tire, cleaned the threads and screwed the stem back in. Been riding strong ever since, no leak, no wobble, no new tire after probably another 400 miles..