XR top speeds

• Hello everyone,

I ride my new XR for some weeks now and I noticed that my top speed in mission, elevated and delirium is always the same and is at 24.5 km/h. I read some topics that said people can achieve 20mph (~32km/h) and I'm wondering why the delirium setting do not accept higher speed than mission. (And the speed for mission should be 19mph (30km/h) and i cannot reach this speed at all)
    I tried to switch mode to elevated to ensure it changes the mode and the nose elevation can be feeled so the changes occurs correctly.

(I did not tried the sequoia and cruz modes yet.)

Do you have any idea ?

• I weigh 165lb. can’t get any of my 3 boards (2x Onewheel+, one XR) above 15 mph before pushback starts.

In my experience 19mph is a myth and is thoroughly discouraged by the software.

Which is perfect because anything above 15 is pretty unsafe and not fun compared to nice relaxing carving.

• @readysetawesome said in XR top speeds:

In my experience 19mph is a myth and is thoroughly discouraged by the software.

Since v1 my son 45#s then easily hit 20
    I have discouraged the high speed due to the fact it is a break neck speed.

• @fruitygreen I see, it must be a weight/stance thing that is keeping me at 15

• I have experienced very much the same. Pushback in mission mode is occurring at around 15-16 mph. Absolute top speed for my board is reported at 18.8 mph. It doesn't bother me to have a top cruising speed around 15-16. What I don't like is that the pushback puts the board at an angle that doesn't feel as stable for me. When I slow down the board does even out - as shown in the manual. It just seems to be a matter of finding that 'sweet-spot' speed that is comfortable cruising with the board level, and not constantly in a cycle of 'accelerate - pushback - slow down/level.'

• Absolute top speed for my XR in mission mode was reported at 21.5 mph. I weigh 125lb ... I felt pushbacks at 16mph in the first week of riding and I couldn’t go faster. After a few weeks, I don’t know but I can go faster, smoother and easier to get that speed without feeling pushbacks. However, I usually keep riding under 18mph for safety.

• I am 160 pounds, ride in mission mode on my XR and have recently gotten to 21.3 mph. I do feel pushback at 15 mph but can ride through it and gain speed past it. Just have to do it carefully and gradually and not for too long.

• According to this reddit post, even higher speeds are possible:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/onewheel/comments/8icy5q/new_speed_record_on_the_xr_283_mph/

• About a month ago I decided to push my XR on the road in front of my house where it is real smooth. I kept hitting 21/22 mph, but I never really got the pushback I was expecting, or how everyone here and elsewhere described it as.I felt pushback, but nothing that made me nervous enough to slow down. So I decided to make one more pass and absolutely just dig in.
    I ended up hitting 25.5 mph, which felt awesome! I for sure hit major pushback and it caused the board to dip and scrape, but I was able to control it without wiping out. I know I am lucky I didn't biff, but now I constantly ride in the 20's on the road. I don't recommended others do it obviously, but Im ok with it.
    For reference I'm 6'2" and about 160lbs

• alt text
    Here's my top speed. Downhill followed by a nosedive. Got a little reckless.

• Im trying get to 30kmh !!

alt text

• 38.7km/h (24mph) second day I got my xr lol..but 3rd day I wrecked and injured myself. I show it a bit more respect and cooled off on speed.

But yeah now 745km in, after one months use and the friggin thing won't power on any more, so I'm calling Onewheel tmrw. I already had my charger cord literally snap apart with a flash and loud popping sound! They sent a new one though, hope they fix this crap problem now

• Somebody should ask @slydogstroh . That guy knows how to cruise fast and has been doing it a long time. In one of his videos on YouTube somebody pointed out that the board was obviously engaging kickback but he was accelerating. From what his response was he pushes through it but “balances and rides” while the board is basically dead or useless because it cannot maintain speed and balance the rider. Watching this guy ride is so hypnotic.