Sudden shut down!!

• @troyhenry said in Sudden shut down!!:

@skyman88
    Thank you. Ill be putting in more time to learn all to keep me upright and off the cement. I appreciate your feedback

There are board component failures sometimes as well... that's why folks ask if the blue light was blinking afterwards the crash. If the light is off, I believe it's typically the control module having issues.

Early reasons for "crashes":

• Bad Stance (too much weight over the front)
    • Excessive acceleration
    • Exceeding pushback on flat or inclined surfaces
    • Exceeding some speed uphill... incline and rider weight specific
    • Going down a large/steep hill with 100% battery
    • Slow speed turn off (less than 1 mph), typically raised heel while cornering, board turns off.... as it was designed to for dismounting

If you haven't read it, review the Wiki page: https://onewheel.wiki/Riding_technique

• @CapoDelToro
    You should read your responses. Snarky and dismissive. You must enjoy being an jerk off

• @skyman88
    Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it. Ill spend more time on my education. Your post was helpful

• @troyhenry I get it. You’re sensitive. Plus your pride is prob a little hurt too..and the pain meds may have kicked in. No need to name call...but I see you’ve only been here 22 days so you’re still trying to figure it all out. I apologize if I offended you, its just that it’s annoying to see the same posts repeated. It’s almost as if you have the manual in your hands but you seem too lazy to read it. My bad for assuming. Good news tho! You could spend your recovery time researching and reading past posts from people that have covered every topic you’re mentioning. You may learn a thing or two...Good luck with your recovery! ;)

• you like being smart and taking shots, don't you. You feel safe behind a keyboard writing your asinine comments. still, go fuck yourself. That must be my pain med speaking.

• @capodeltoro
    and keep trolling asshole and you'll get the same fucking response. Until you want to come face to face

• @troyhenry here we go. Keyboard commando. Alright bro. U win. Get well soon! 🤡👞

• @kwatts I am in the middle of the same conflict. My XR completely failed in the middle of a calm run. Wouldn't turn back on or charge. Only 400 miles on it. I was well below speed limits and the board was nearly fully charged. I respect the limits of the board, and this totally caught me off guard. I sent my wheel back to FM only to find out it will cost me $300 to fix it.. the warranty is BS, the controller component failure is clearly a common issue on the +XR but Future Motion seems to do anything they can to avoid covering any costs. After over a month of going back and forth with them, I had to pay the piper and get the process over with. Tough to throw that much money into something that should be covered, but I was out of options. Very frustrating, best of luck!

• @TheONEinMN ouch. I got burned bad on the OW+, for the XR, they actually had a quick turnaround (I piggybacked on the OW+ support ticket) and fixed it quickly with no charges. Not sure what it was, but the XR board was completely dead. Still, confidence in these boards - and support - took a bit of a hit.

• Had a similar experience, luckily wearing helmet.

I've been riding two OneWheels for about 2.5 years and use it for my work commute. I've ridden at least 500+ miles and definitely know how to ride it and what push back feels like. With about 30% of battery left cruising along a mostly flat levy at my typical pace about 15mph on a ride I do very often all the sudden the nose dropped and I was dumped off. OneWheel + with about 350 miles on it. The board was still on and I connected the app to see the battery still had charge. It worked fine again without turning it off or anything and the app did not say anything about foot pads or anything, all appeared normal.

I had stopped wearing any padding/protection other than a helmet when running errands or commuting since I had not fallen except when messing around trying tricks or off road. I ripped my jeans and bloodied my hand, knee and hip. It did not hurt as much as just scare me that it could hurt a lot more if it happened again, in a worse location or when I wasn't able to roll with the fall as well. Now I'm much less comfortable riding and going slower just in case, which sucks because it is so much fun - but I just don't trust it enough right now.

Emailed FM and was told I had probably pushed through pushback, I've been riding enough to know what push back feels like and rarely ever hit pushback anymore - pretty sure I did not push through it. I will say I had just come down a small hill but and had been on the flat for ~15' when it stopped. It does get going down that small hill but I wasn't pushing it.

I agree with "George" - "From my experience it is a board defect. Either it should slow you down if you are driving to fast or slow down and stop if the battery is running low. This device is packed with electronics/senors and software and there should be no reason for it to suddenly stop AKA nosedive." Too many reports like this in the forums.

• Aside from the vast majority of nosedives that are user error:

Unfortunately the only fixes are to ride slower or accept the risk :/ We have to put our faith in these things as they keep us upright. Even the smallest hiccup in its gyroscopic calculations, delivery of corrections to the motor or in the motor itself, will cause us to come off the board. Has a computer ever frozen up on you or BSOD? Imagine if each time that happened you'd nosedive. Another fix would be to get your top speed on foot to 15+ mph for safety purposes. It's a lot easier than you think. The only TRUE fix, however, would be to ride a board with 4 wheels. Where's the fun in that?! :D