Thoughts on Business Strategy for Future Motion

• What are your thoughts for Future Motion on growing the company? I was thinking tiers of the product line, so their is a lower cost of entry model would be a good idea someday. I also think having access to a more individualized user stats page would be good, to increase involvement by tracking day streaks and other data. Lets face it, 99% of us aren't on the leaderboards so it would be cool to motivate oneself to ride vs your own data and streaks. Also more social elements would be cool, like a user profile home page, with data from your rides, riding, and even forum posts. Not everything needs to be "facebook" but it could have just a little more social aspect to it. The product needs to continue to be improved so that there is a "safe" mode for new and younger riders. Customer service needs to be improved/expedited--many complaints of slow engagement here. Riders are the #1 ambassadors of the product, I think that's always been a strength and I think it will continue to work for the company going forward as long as our experience with them is good. This is a top reason for expedient repairs and top notch customer service.

What are your thoughts after your time with a one wheel and your experience with the company.

• Disagree about the need for “safe mode”... I had no previous board sport experience and was able to learn safely in the provided modes. I don’t see any benefits to a beginner in learning with the board acting differently than it does when you’re more skilled. you need to take time to slowly build muscle and technique if it seems unsafe.

• I would love more social features that actually connect me with other local riders!

• @readysetawesome I to agree about that.

• @readysetawesome

We'll have to agree to disagree. Half the people on here have nearly killed themselves on these things...just read the posts. It's usually all newbies like I was when I wrecked at 19mph.

• @djtherick2020 said in Thoughts on Business Strategy for Future Motion:

@readysetawesome

We'll have to agree to disagree. Half the people on here have nearly killed themselves on these things...just read the posts. It's usually all newbies like I was when I wrecked at 19mph.

Maybe a big fat sticker that says
    "WARNING: Not A Toy. "
    Placed on the box, on the board, on the inside of box, and on the fullface helmet and mouthpiece they should include with the OW.

Perhaps users will get the point by then.

Safe/ Turtle Mode will help too, but not sure how you could implement it. The OW board cannot discern weight of diffferent riders and so How to govern power for variable weight?.

It would be cool to have a scale built into future boards.

• @fruitygreen There is a warning on the bottom of the left rail.

• @notfastenough said in Thoughts on Business Strategy for Future Motion:

@fruitygreen There is a warning on the bottom of the left rail.

Yikes!
    Its no wonder why people missed it.
    Old farts like me , need to have them reading glasses .

What are your thoughts for Future Motion on growing the company? I was thinking tiers of the product line, so their is a lower cost of entry model would be a good idea someday. I also think having access to a more individualized user stats page would be good, to increase involvement by tracking day streaks and other data. Lets face it, 99% of us aren't on the leaderboards so it would be cool to motivate oneself to ride vs your own data and streaks. Also more social elements would be cool, like a user profile home page, with data from your rides, riding, and even forum posts. Not everything needs to be "facebook" but it could have just a little more social aspect to it. The product needs to continue to be improved so that there is a "safe" mode for new and younger riders. Customer service needs to be improved/expedited--many complaints of slow engagement here. Riders are the #1 ambassadors of the product, I think that's always been a strength and I think it will continue to work for the company going forward as long as our experience with them is good. This is a top reason for expedient repairs and top notch customer service.

What are your thoughts after your time with a one wheel and your experience with the company.

Maybe have your toughts posted on wishlist category. There are so many desired improvements yet unsure what influence changes here or regards to the OW products.

• This has been sidetracked a bit. It isn't really meant to be a "product improvements" thread, but rather a business strategy thread.

-Where do you think marketing budget should be best spent/what groups and demographics targeted?

-What else to add to the product lineup?

-Do you think it makes sense to go public or sell out to a larger sporting goods company?

-Best growth strategies?

ETC.

This has been sidetracked a bit. It isn't really meant to be a "product improvements" thread, but rather a business strategy thread.

I apologize for participating in it. However "Business Strategy" should always consider "Product Improvements".

-Where do you think marketing budget should be best spent/what groups and demographics targeted?

Marketing budget should be partially spent on me and those who help sell the product. Every time I stop to answer the questions people ask me, I spend the time to explain a whole bunch of facts about the Onewheel. OW definetly has cool factor. Everyone wants to be cool. That being said , it all comes down to who can afford it. I am a middle-aged dude who can afford these machines..
    Stereotyping here:
    Kids(5-18yrs): $0 income; wants 1, cannot afford but can influence the purchase.
    Student Adults: $0 income left; wants 1 but cannot afford.
    Working Young Adult(19-30): $2500 ; 1% interested ; small interest
    Career Adults( 30- 100): $2500- $1,000,000; have money .
    Most smart Marketeers know where to dig their gold.

-What else to add to the product lineup?

Hmmm. A lot of risk assessment.
    I know quite a few successful restaurants have a very small menu. Little variety but very good food.
    I would like to see an uncanned open source version OW control board. Could be higher in price but need to be incompatible with a the existing versions.

-Do you think it makes sense to go public or sell out to a larger sporting goods company?

Why even have the thought. Quality control would be even worst than ever. I still hearing chatter of bad Support.

-Best growth strategies?

Make it cheaper.

ETC.