Riding Backwards for Even Tire Wear on the Plus

• A brief search didn't yield any topics on this matter. Was curious to see how many folks actually do this. If it wasn't clear, by backwards I mean that sensor would be on the trailing foot, not the front. I hadn't thought to do this but saw a Reddit comment on it, however, I think it was for a v1 board and not the Plus.

• @clevemont I've read a while ago that someone tried it but it's not meant to go as fast backwards as it is forwards, because of the placement of the sensor so there's a big chance of the motor shutting off on you and sending you flying.

• @chalo said in Riding Backwards for Even Tire Wear on the Plus:

@clevemont I've read a while ago that someone tried it but it's not meant to go as fast backwards as it is forwards, because of the placement of the sensor so there's a big chance of the motor shutting off on you and sending you flying.

That's enough of a warning for me! Thanks Chalo.

• I guess I'm not sure what the issue is here.

If you're that concerned, switch it up and ride Goofy.

• @reddog Basically the tire seems to be wearing unevenly and am wondering what ways there are to extend the life of the tire (in addition to increasing the tire pressure). I only ride goofy and I'd say that my skill is not at a level to ride it the regular way hence the question of riding it backward.

• @clevemont remount the tire in the reverse direction, bit of work but I think that's a better option.

• @clevemont I noticed something...
    i ride on many residential streets that slope down from the middle, and most of the uneven wear I experience is due to that slope- switching to goofy stance didn’t make a difference. Tire remounts aren’t super fun either tbh, but I’ve improved the evenness of the wear by riding more often on the left side of low-traffic residential streets (where most of my riding happens)

• @readysetawesome Interesting observations. Thanks for the insight! I'll try to be more aware of the side of the street that I ride on and see if that helps at all. Remounting seems like too much trouble for a couple extra hundred miles of wear before replacing.

• @clevemont noticed uneven wear after first 80 miles ( toe side worn more) riding with sensor in front as designed. Then started riding senor in the rear& wearing the “ healside” that is now the toe side. 400 miles later with regular foot on the sensor flips evening out the tire wear has helped.never had an issue going in either direction as every 50 or so miles I’ll rotate the OW & takes a few minutes to remember what foot is sensor. The 2 nosedives I experienced was my own fault.